Author Topic: Fitted sat nav rear view camera Garmin BC-30  (Read 1694 times)

matty vapor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Fitted sat nav rear view camera Garmin BC-30
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
I treated myself to a new satnav, a garmin drive smart 61. and the camera kit BC-30. It has a facility to have a rear view camera connected wireless so no need to run cables from back to the front of the car. power is taken direct from the reversing light and video is transmitted direct to the 6.9inch sat nav screen as soon as you select reverse.

The beauty of this system is you can use your satnav in any car, and also fit another camera to another car you may own or van. the reversing lines are fully adjustable in width and length so adjustable for any size car or van.

Installation of the camera in the jazz Si was the tricky part, I chose to mount the camera under the rear screen brake light, which sits inside the car at the top of the rear screen. reason is a greater view and you can adjust camera angle to suit your preferred view.

The transmitter is located here and behind the drivers side rear light cluster is where you connect to the reversing light +12v and connect the transmitter to the camera cable. the 12v+ positive feed from the reversing light is the green + silver dotted wire. there is also an earth tag right behind the rear light cluster to connect the negative wire. feeding the cable through behind the rear brake light at the top of the rear screen, you have to remove the rubber boot which feeds the cables into the body, feed the camera cable through behind rear brake light to the rubber boot, through the rubber boot and down behind the rear light cluster, removing the rear light cluster makes installation much easier. connect the camera to the transmitter. once all connections are made you then select reverse gear and the camera powers on in under a second and you have a nice rear view of behind your car.

Tags: