Author Topic: Honda SSD navigation - fitting a parking camera DIY  (Read 3911 times)

Croydonjazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk2 ext-l
Honda SSD navigation - fitting a parking camera DIY
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and hope to contribute with my upgrades and mods.  I have a 2011 jazz top of range ext-l with leather seats and the honda navigation screen built in from factory!  I'm very pleased with it bought it today.  My wife and I live in  South Croydon and parallel parking is something we always do.  I would like to use the colour navigation screen and add a parking camera.  But has anyone fitted one?  What are the leads and plugs needed?  Anyone seen the back of the unit?  From what I have found civic also use same unit and the connections don't look like the rca type of plug.  I see you can get a camera off of the Internet not genuine that fits in place of the number plate light.  Any help appreciated to save me pulling anything apart.  Thanks Aaron

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda SSD navigation - fitting a parking camera DIY
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
Welcome, Aaron.

Croydonjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Hello, I was just wandering if anyone has any thoughts on this.  I was thinking of trying to find out what keys are needed to remove the built in Navi screen unit.  Then just looking at the back to see if there are any phono type sockets and then buying a camera off of the net.   I bet the reverse light bulb has to be tapped into in order to send power to the camera and then appear on the monitor.    It would be a bit silly to install another cheap monitor/screen for a reversing camera when there is already a screen.  Otherwise I will have to just fit the beeping parking aids but that means drilling holes into the bumper etc. 

Thanks and hope someone has some input on this one

Aaron

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »
Hi

I do not have a Honda navigation system, and cannot think of what it may look like

I guess it's a 2 din as per the way I changed the radio on our si

I think the simplest way would be see if you have an AVIN option on the screen display

I also think most would be RCA connections, and a good tip (came from TG) if you have a rear cam input, you most likely would have a lead called back at the back of the 2 din, which you connect the command wire to, so it auto switches to rear camera on reverse gear selector

You are correct, power to the rear camera is usually from the reverse light

There are a few posts on the forum for changing radio

I'm sorry if I'm wrong and good luck

Many thanks

John

Croydonjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:56:30 AM »
Hello the part number for the navigation unit  I have is 08A402N6400
Also some pictures of the unit (if the upload goes ok)

I decided not to go down the parking camera route in the end as there are no connections on the back of the unit to allow a standard camera plug.  I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper so I bought a number plate holder which has just three parking sensors which is fine as an aid.   I phoned up Honda in Croydon (Brighton Road) and found them to be very unhelpful and made me feel like my 2011 car was some old banger and too past it to find out what parts can be fitted.  I wanted to find out about my cars usb socket but they sounded like they didn't have the time for me. 

Anyway I will sort it all out somehow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
This page give you some information about your SSD navigation unit, it is a accessory navigation as 2008-2015 Jazz did not come with factory installed navigation.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/navi-manuals.html

Download that document "Honda SSD Navigation System Troubleshooting guide" it show the connector No 6 for reversing camera.

Tags: