Author Topic: Damage courtesy of local authority  (Read 1129 times)

guest5079

Damage courtesy of local authority
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »
A week ago, feeling pleased with myself went to pick up a YUASA battery at a good price. At the time it was a typical Cornish summer day. Wind blowing a gale and rain going upwards in buckets.
Given the road was completely submerged, I missed what I thought was dropped kerb and found that it was a pedestrian job NOT for vehicles. It was outside a factors car park, where the actual vehicle one was I know not. Well hell of a bang. First opportunity off came the wheels to check for damage, could find nothing except a scuff on the inside of one of the front tyres. Rim OK as all the suspension.
Did my fortnightly 100 mile trip yesterday. 35 mpg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it' off for tracking on Thursday. Fortunately the tyres are not showing scuffing so hopefully will catch it in time.
I can't go back to the factor because it's a local authority estate and a pavement separates the forecourt from the road so it's good old suck it and see.
I just wish local authorities would employ some one with a jot of common sense when planning these places. They want you to park off road but tough on you to try and do so.
Locally we have a large industrial estate built up since the late 70's so no excuse for not allowing for very large lorries. The roads are incapable of dealing with large trucks.
classic today, a 44 tonnner had to pull up against a boundary fence on the footpath other wise he would block the road.
I have no idea of the validity of this but I have been told the bloke in charge of roads on Cornwall Council can't drive. Puts a whole new meaning on an open mind!!!!!

Tags:

anything