Author Topic: Any ideas as to how to reset the ecu on a 2013, series 2 jazz  (Read 8205 times)

flashwhite

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2013 jazz 5dr 1.4 I-vtec es, cvt gearbox.
I left one map light on for about 18 hours and ran the battery down so recharged it and found the radio would not accept the code on the owners card. Phoned up agent and they said too bring the car in 'as it's a bit complicated to tell you over the phone'!!, so why give owners a way to do it?
I am now getting intermittent VSA warnings suggesting that the computer is :( a bit confused so should I/and how do I reset the ECU?
Dave B

matty vapor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Re: Any ideas as to how to reset the ecu on a 2013, series 2 jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
you can reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and leaving for at least 30 mins. make sure the battery is charged before reconnection.

matt

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »
Resetting can be done by removing fuse #1 (Audio + gauge control module) and fuse #20 (ECU) from the internal fusebox above the drivers's pedals for 1 minute.
VSA is on fuse #11 but removing it on it's own may trigger a warning light.
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000001943.html

The VSA has it's troubleshooting guide here:
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/index84.html

If you hold down buttons 1 & 6 on the radio then turn it on and tell me the serial number displayed, I can tell you the correct unlock code.  It will either show as 8 digits or as U+4 digits & L+4 digits.  You won't be the first to discover the card does not work.

Because it's just an algorithm I may generate two codes, but it will be one of them.

After resetting your car, there are a few things to re-learn, one of these is the auto window open/close function.  Hold the switch in position for a further 3 seconds after the window has reached the end of it's travel and it will re-enable this function.
--
TG

flashwhite

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
Thanks TG this is the radio code: 28054079.
Flashwhite.
Dave B

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »
TG
You amaze me with your knowledge.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest1372

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
That serial generated these two numbers: 34626 / 1125  so it looks pretty likely to be the first one.

Radio is easy but I do hope your VSA starts to behave itself, the good news is that nearly all issues get recorded with fault codes these days so at least a technician can find out exactly what your VSA is concerned about.  The cheap ELM 327 + smartphone code readers don't seem to talk to ABS/VSA/SRS systems but that is probably a good thing re: safety.
--
TG

flashwhite

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
Many thanks TG I entered 34626 and all is sweetness and light!

I think that you should run Honda.
Dave B

RomanC

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz 1.4
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
@TG

Hi TG

I'm new owner of Honda Jazz 09 1.4 , I wanted to do basic maintenance (oil,filters)and also to change battery  for newone. After change , i realized that i have no Radio Code , i checked glovebox, all documentation which came with the car , but with no success.
Will you be able to help to generate  new code for me , same as you did for flashwhite, please ?
Thank you very much for your support

VIN: LUCGG376093215830
radio S\N is: 21029124

guest1372

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

Anyone else needing a code, first check the handbook pack for the code card or look in the glovebox first.

I do wonder about the security of this, but I think the only people needing codes are those who have lost them, had them mixed up at the dealer, or fitting the stock factory radio from scrap cars to replace broken units.

The second hand value of a Jazz radio is too low to make it worth stealing.

I would prefer people start their own new posts and be a forum contributor.
--
TG

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
@TG

Hi TG

I'm new owner of Honda Jazz 09 1.4 , I wanted to do basic maintenance (oil,filters)and also to change battery  for newone. After change , i realized that i have no Radio Code , i checked glovebox, all documentation which came with the car , but with no success.
Will you be able to help to generate  new code for me , same as you did for flashwhite, please ?
Thank you very much for your support

VIN: LUCGG376093215830
radio S\N is: 21029124

Buy a plug into the cigarette lighter code saver.. They work a treat..

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
I made up a code saver with a couple of cigarette lighter plugs and a 20 metre roll of cheap twin core speaker wire (useful because one core normally has a coloured stripe on it, just connect stripe to centre pin at each end and you can't go wrong) - just plug into both vehicles (if you put clips on one end you can attach to an old battery but get colour coded clips because if you get polarity wrong its a disaster) .

Speaker wire comes on plastic reel which is useful to keep things tidy.

You need to remember to turn on ignition at least to first position on both vehicles as very often no connection from vehicle electrics to cigarette lighter when key is out.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5079

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
Flashwhite,
             In my post re batteries, I have included a comment by the AA man and with the benefit of someone elses knowledge I wonder if your problem is not your ECU but your immobilizer. I have no idea if the AA man was correct but given the fragility of modern day car electrics it may be he was spot on. Was your key in the ignition when you tried to rectify your flat battery?

flashwhite

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Thanks Auntyneddy that's interesting. I tried to start the car but found that the engine would not turn over so yes the key was in and the voltage on the battery was about 9 volts.   Having got the radio code back in and radio working the Vehicle Stability Assist warning came up on the display sometimes from the start and sometimes under braking and went from permanently on to infrequently on.   I seem to remember someone talking about dirt in the wheel sensors so two days ago I had the chance to drive fast through the ford at Tarrant Monkton and behold no more problems!   Comments from the forum please. 
Dave B

Tags:

anything