Author Topic: New for old?  (Read 788 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
New for old?
« on: August 25, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »
hi,
Was given a loan car while mine was in the garage, mine is a 2011 cvt, this was a year old basic jazz, not at all impressed, loads of road noise, one glove box gone, various bits of trim done away with, radio and heater controls were better but there's  no way I would want to swap, did I mention engine noise
Chris

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: New for old?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »
Given a loan car, huh, when I took mine in to Lister Honda for routine service, they wanted to charge me £25 for a loan car., so I sat and waited, drinking their free coffee.
I suppose it was because the service was free and they wouldn’t be making any money ???

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:02:31 PM »
hi,
Was given a loan car while mine was in the garage, mine is a 2011 cvt, this was a year old basic jazz, not at all impressed, loads of road noise, one glove box gone, various bits of trim done away with, radio and heater controls were better but there's  no way I would want to swap, did I mention engine noise
Chris

I noticed that last year when I was given a S spec white Jazz courtesy car. It was like they had stripped out all of the sound insulation.The EX models have better sound insulation and trim but the engine can still sound noisy above 3K rpm, I do think the CVT does a better job of keeping the revs down when pottering around. They still only have the one glove box though :(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 09:35:38 PM »
When I had my recall work done on my Mk 1 I was given a new CRV SE+ the first time, then a Jazz SE with less than 200 miles on the clock for my second visit. Never cost me a penny (Western Honda at Halbeath).

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
Chris
I think that Honda got over-zealous in trying to reduce weight (and save a few pennies) on the Mk. 3 in order to boost the mpg. On the first batch of Mk. 3 Jazzes Honda even left off the final paint colour from the underside of the bonnet, never mind providing some sound insulation. Next time you need a loan car try to get a Mk. 4. That's the vehicle to put on your wish-list.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 09:12:45 AM »
Of course it has its drawbacks, but I do appreciate Honda's effort to resist adding weight in Jazz. It's the way to achieve pretty decent performance with moderate engine. It's all about kg/kW.

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 12:42:28 PM »
Hi,
Vertu honda in Derby charge £20 to cover insurance on their loan car, better than taxi or walking
Chris

Tags:

anything