Author Topic: Cold Air Intake  (Read 3992 times)

guest6255

Cold Air Intake
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
Hey guys, new member and new into the car scene really, i've got the Jazz 1.4 EX and it's an 09 plate, i'm really wanting to have a play with the car install some modifications ect, i was wondering if anyone one here has a cold air or knows of a good cold air i could starts with? i've seen on ebay you can get some fairly cheap ones but i'm quite sceptical?
any help would be great :)

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Cold Air Intake
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »
You might find a few a few more with relevant experience on fitfreak or hondakarma, this forum doesn't have many rides like these: >>

We'll help where we can, just not many modders here.
--
TG

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 11:40:09 AM »
Save your money and use either Shell or BP unleaded, enjoy your Jazz

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »
The Mk2 Jazz already has a cold air intake for the engine, there is a duct that runs from the front of the bonnet to the right rear corner of the engine compartment, as you face the engine.
A couple of inches away from that duct is the trumpet intake for the air intake duct to the engine.
It would be difficult to join the two together as you have to allow for engine movement on its mountings. This would apply to any cold air intake that drew air from outside the engine compartment.
I doubt that a cold air intake would make any perceptible difference anyway.
A K&N filter makes a small difference but only if you are prepared to use the revs that the I-vtec engine is capable of.

Vic.

carlnike

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 08:59:29 PM »
the ivtec on the L13 works the opposite way around, you start in Vtec then it switches over for economy it's not the same as a k20

Tags: