Author Topic: Washed & Waxed  (Read 8307 times)

guest5589

Washed & Waxed
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »
Although weather forecast was looking bleak as ever, I decided to give the Jazz a through clean  ;D

As I live in a flat, had to get the car washed from a nearby place as a base and then started cleaning the car with microfibre cloth. Then used light dabs of TCut metallic on Meguires pad to polish the car and finished the job with TurtleWax Metallic Wax and Meguire's microfibre pad. No machines were involved in this process.

Before: The area under the door handles was filthy and light and dark scratches were everywhere.

After:

And then rain arrived.. I was curious to see if waxing had been a success or not.. well.. I think I did a good job :D

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Re: Washed & Waxed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »
Nice job.  :)

Noticed the front of ours has a lot of tiny stone-chips so cleaned them up and dabbed some paint in.  Need to leave it for a while to go hard - always amazes me how long touch-up paint stays soft for.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Nice job.  :)

Noticed the front of ours has a lot of tiny stone-chips so cleaned them up and dabbed some paint in.  Need to leave it for a while to go hard - always amazes me how long touch-up paint stays soft for.

Ah the stone chips. Mine has two nasty ones that look like this

So I will be very interested in seeing the results of your repair.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »
Good job on the scratches under the door handle  8)

Did you literally just use t-cut and polish?

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:57 PM »
 :D very good. Try to keep your waxed loads now and never have to use t-cut again.  :'(

If you buy some carnuba wax in the tin, apply a dab with a very wet cloth, rub it in lots, flip over cloth and work in well.
Then get a dry rag and polish off.  :o if you do it properly that's the best thing to do, as you aren't taking any lacquer off the paint.

Remember wax wet. If it's a pain in the arse to get off, just use a damp cloth then buff.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »
Good job on the scratches under the door handle  8)

Did you literally just use t-cut and polish?

Yep :D
Just small amounts of TCut Metallic on a Meguires microfibre pad (picked up on 3 for 2 offer from Halfords) and then afterwards used TurtleWax Liquid Wax (metallic) and thats it.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »
:D very good. Try to keep your waxed loads now and never have to use t-cut again.  :'(

If you buy some carnuba wax in the tin, apply a dab with a very wet cloth, rub it in lots, flip over cloth and work in well.
Then get a dry rag and polish off.  :o if you do it properly that's the best thing to do, as you aren't taking any lacquer off the paint.

Remember wax wet. If it's a pain in the arse to get off, just use a damp cloth then buff.

Yeah I know TCut is not the best thing to use, used it to get the car its first clean in my possession, from now on plan to wax it often and not use much polish. Ill have a look at carnauba wax .. thanks for the suggestion. I also want to look into options of repairing the large stone chips on my bonnet.. suggestions?

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 08:09:36 AM »
Depends on the stone chip. It's rusty so needs more than a touch up. You can try a bit of sanding and touch up yourself, but you'd probably notice the patch. Or just Bob a bit of q-rust on and then dab of paint for a bodge.

May be worth getting a few quotes, should be about £20 mark.

Another option is to just find a bonnet at a scrappers same colour and just swap.

Depends how much you value your car I guess.

Tags:

anything