Author Topic: OBD scan tool for 2002 Honda Jazz  (Read 9112 times)

guest3865

OBD scan tool for 2002 Honda Jazz
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:03 AM »
Hi I'm looking to buy a obd scan tool for my 2002 jazz. to read the ABS & SRS fault codes.

Is there anybody who has one that works on their jazz who could give me details of the model.

Thanks in advance.

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
Re: OBD scan tool for 2002 Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
I have a elm327 v1.5 bluetooth plugged in my 06 jazz. I can connect from laptop and smartphone no problems. They are about £6 on ebay.

guest5117

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
Most cheap ones normally don't give SRS and ABS codes. For example for Toyota you need a Toyota specific cable (called Toyota VCI) and Toyota's (pirated) software to connect to the car ODB and get SRS codes out.
I don't know if that is possible with Honda, but if money is no issue your local Honda dealer should be able to read SRS and ABS codes for you.

guest5349

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
I am also looking for a reliable bluetooth/wifi scanner to use with both Torque and to diagnose Engine Management lights.

I have the 2002 52 plate 1.4 DSi Jazz.

Are they generally plug and play?  My only concern is some (other car manufacturers) have said how they have messed up their computer system.  But hoping not the case with the Honda Jazz.

Any direct links to ebay or amazon or other would be greatly appreciated.

guest5349

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
Bought a couple of the cheaper ones so far - and neither appear to speak to the ECU - I am not sure why.  Has anyone had any success with a 2002 MK1?

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
I'm having the same problem, did you guys get anywhere with this?
bought some no-name reader a while back, does not work.
Got ELM327 v1.5, does not work either.
my jazz is also 1.4 2002 model.

(ABS light came up, and I need find out which sensor to replace.
tried using multimeter, but resistance method does not seem to be working which is very weird,
unless resistance is super hight and is out of my multimeter range)

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:32 PM »
my jazz is also 1.4 2002 model.

(ABS light came up, and I need find out which sensor to replace.
Never had a fault code so don't know if I can reset one, but the £6 ELM bluetooth with Torque on Android gives quite limited data on my 2002 L13A1, all sorts of fields are not populated. If I remember at the weekend I'll post some screenshots. 

What we really have are the overlap of two technologies, OBD and CANbus.

Looking into this on a Fiat forum (when using multiECUscan), I found that you needed an adapter lead to get data from the ABS, SRS, etc. basically all the ancillary devices. The OBD connector only uses a couple of the pins for data, the other CANbus devices talked on an alternate non-standard pair. Seems that this may hold true for other makes, as they all use Bosch, Valeo, Delphi, Lucas, Marelli sub-systems. I won't quote what pins you swap on Fiats & Alfas for fear of blowing something up on the Honda, but this may be an avenue to be explored.

Indy garage did a code scan & reset on my dad's MX5 for £15 a while back so may be a worthwhile option, only took them a couple of minutes, ABS light should self-reset once fault is cured.
--
TG

guest7091

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »
I use an elm 327 device and Hyperterminal to send commands. I can read engine DTCs (18 DB 33 F1 is the address) but can't read DTCs from ABS, BCM, Airbag, EPS etc.
Can someone please tell me the address for these modules or show me some online resources?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
Welcome. I believe you need much more sophisticated equipment to read the info you wish. The OBD 2 device does not collect that data.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 06:21:37 PM »
An ELM327 device should work with EML codes and live data from the engine, all cars sold in the EU have to have this compatibility - although the particular device has to be compatible with the protocol used by the Honda.

However, that's all the generic devices will do - no SRS, ABS, etc.

To do all the car systems, you will need a genuine Honda HDS diagnostic system, or one of the clones suggested by TG in the other thread.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0

Tags:

anything