Author Topic: Honda,bottom of dealers league  (Read 17167 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Honda,bottom of dealers league
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:41:55 PM »
My local Nissan dealer shares a site with Toyota. Renault dealers also over the years have taken on other franchises (and I don't mean Renault's Dacia brand) - the Renault dealers within a 25 mile radius of me also sell either Mazda, Seat or Kia. Remember the days when Renault had a huge market share? And my nearest Kia dealer is set to move out of the showroom it shares with Skoda into a new standalone building across the road - go figure!

On the subject of Honda dealers - I've heard that existing customers are telling the service staff that they like the cars and the customer service but don't like the new car prices. And yet when informed of this feedback the sales departments stick their heads in the sand.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:43:50 PM by RichardA »

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
The Jazz is a really good car and competes well against cars in the small family hatchback class. I have been really impressed with the 2 GE Jazz SE cars I have had but prices are getting uncompetitive. I am not that impressed with the dealers though, using call centres and  generic e-mail addresses like enquiries@dealer etc. The problem with multi franchise dealers is that they seem not to be that customer focused.

I would still consider buying a new generation Jazz when it becomes available, preferably with a service package.

guest4871

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
The Jazz is a really good car and competes well against cars in the small family hatchback class. I have been really impressed with the 2 GE Jazz SE cars I have had but prices are getting uncompetitive. I am not that impressed with the dealers though, using call centres and  generic e-mail addresses like enquiries@dealer etc. The problem with multi franchise dealers is that they seem not to be that customer focused.

I would still consider buying a new generation Jazz when it becomes available, preferably with a service package.

Agree

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 12:07:41 AM »
I have been really impressed with the 2 GE Jazz SE cars I have had but prices are getting uncompetitive. I am not that impressed with the dealers though, using call centres and  generic e-mail addresses like enquiries@dealer etc. The problem with multi franchise dealers is that they seem not to be that customer focused.

Definitely agree on the pricing - we've just bought an additional GE for our family fleet but it feels like a bit of a cowardly purchase, as it was just the easiest thing to do.  Really should have spent more time on it, even if that still meant buying a Jazz but perhaps with a better deal.

Emailing our dealer has become a bit of a joke - they literally have never replied to a single email, even emails I've sent in response to emails from them!

Their site is shared with Hyundai.  I should have lined an iX20 up next to Jazz and let the salesmen fight it out!

Tags:

anything