Author Topic: Servicing my Jazz fitment details  (Read 1628 times)

guest7703

Servicing my Jazz fitment details
« on: May 20, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
Hi Guys and girls,

I own a 2006 Honda Jazz 1.4 litre that I love

I need some advice, im servicing my car and buying the parts myself however in the jazz manual it doesnt tell me the fitment details of the following parts:

oil filter
air filter
pollen filter
fuel filter

does anyone have the exact sizes these parts need to be?

Thanks,

deets.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Servicing my Jazz fitment details
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
Welcome. If you go to someplace like Euro Car Spares they will supply all the parts you need. just by giving them your Registration number.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »
Don't think you will need a fuel filter, in any case it is a PITA to change as it is integral with fuel pump inside fuel tank under the handbrake.  It is a lifetime filter anyway.  The rest you can get from Opie oils or eurocarparts.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 10:16:07 PM »
If you do use eurocarparts, pay a little bit extra and avoid the Crosland branded filters.

The old Crosland brand was recently owned by Sofima, who did make the filters for ECP for a while after they sold the brand to them, but ECP now buy them in from the cheapest sources they can find.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »
I conur about the Crosland cabin filter. Euro parts refunded my money as there was no indication of which way to fit as it should say which way up? I bought a Blueprint and it was well worth the extra.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »
I conur about the Crosland cabin filter. Euro parts refunded my money as there was no indication of which way to fit as it should say which way up? I bought a Blueprint and it was well worth the extra.

Mine had a Crosland pollen filter in, it was like tissue paper. Even the cheap Chinese one I replaced it with was far better quality.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about poor quality oil filters - for the sake of a couple of quid extra, fit something decent. In fact, I found a genuine Honda oil filter for about the same price ECP wanted for the Crosland junk, even with the 'discount'.

Tags:

anything