Author Topic: OBD-11  (Read 1322 times)

guest7648

OBD-11
« on: April 21, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »
I have a 2011 Honda Jazz 1.4 petrol and have an error showing for my oil pressure. I do not think there is anything wrong with the oil pressure and the error code is caused by the fact that while wiring up a Dash Cam I pulled out the fuse for the oil pressure sensor by mistake. and started the engine, this I think registering the fault and even after replacing the fuse the error still shows on the dashboard.
I have connected five different makes of OBD-11 meters to the car and none will detect the car. I have been quoted over £100 to delete the error code by various dealers and think that a bit dear when there is  probably no fault . I know that the oil pressure is OK by the simple fact the car has run for 5000 miles since I  made the mistake of starting it without the fuse with no problem
Does anyone know why the Zazz is not detected? . I have even had a ford dealer tell me he could not remove the error code as his computer will not work with Hondas as they have set the diagnostic so only Honda’s computers can "see" a Honda.
Any advice would be gratefully received It is very irritating to have to correct the display before I can  see the MPG etc every time I start the car.
Thanks, Boyd  :(

thanks Boyd

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: OBD-11
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
I have two OBD2 readers (cheap from Amazon) and my ScanGauge E, and all 3 have no problem detecting the Honda. I have never had an error to reset however. Are you sure the plug is fully engaged, as I know mine is a very tight fit.

guest7648

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
I am quite sure it was fully engaged, but I will try again later and give the plug a good wriggle.
Thanks for your reply, I did not see it immediately as I was waiting for an e-mail, I assumed I would get one once a reply was posted, but did not and only noticed the reply when I checked the site
Boyd

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:56:52 AM »
I know that the oil pressure is OK by the simple fact the car has run for 5000 miles since I  made the mistake of starting it without the fuse with no problem

That's brave!

You could have lost the supply to the OBD socket, check pin 16 for +12V. The supply often comes from a fuse which supplies multiple circuits, possibly including sensors, etc.

Some generic readers are not compatible with some vehicles, particularly those using SAE J1850 protocols, but I've never had any problems with Japanese cars, including the Honda. If you can't get it to work with 5 devices, there must be something amiss.

If everything looks okay at the socket, you could have a wiring problem back to the ECU, or even a faulty ECU.

Tags:

anything