Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Welcome to the forum Andrew.  :D

To answer your questions:

The 1.4 has more go than the 1.2. Also easier to find on the market, so I would choose that.

The auto gearbox provided serviced correctly is reliable. However, the manual I would suggest would be the more trouble free of the two.

The cat is up in the engine bay, and thefts have not been reported on the forum. Sadly, it is the MK1 that has the cat in a prone position, and thefts do occur.

Clutch? Well, buying a used car the life of the clutch will depend on its previous use. However, my car has 135k on the clock and is on the original clutch and exhaust.

You're on the money with regular oil changes and the timing chain. My Jazz has always had regular servicing, Honda for the first 8 stamps. In my ownership, it averages out at around every 7 or 8k miles mostly diy servicing. Cheap and easy to change too. At the moment I'm using Castrol 5w30 A5/B5 magnatec oil, in a Ford branded bottle. But little Jazz has had Comma oil and others in the past. The grade is more important that the brand imho. The timing chain makes no noise and is not an issue that comes up on the forum.

I've done >50k in under 4yrs in my car, and it hasn't missed a beat. It's only needed servicing per schedule, together with tyres and brakes as any car would.

It's a fine choice. Only drawback in my opinion is interior noise above 60mph on long journeys.

If you want to read up, manual is here: https://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

HTH
 :)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Torque setting
« Last post by Wilmo on April 12, 2024, 02:32:18 PM »
Thanks
set it at 22 but that should be good enough.
used some new bolts that had threadlock on already
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by pebbles on April 12, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
I contacted Garmin regarding the update not working.  This is their reply:

"I do apologise for the inconvenience however the Honda mapping has been temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."

I had the same response , affecting the  Mk.3 Jazz too.

They are taking note of the email addresses of all those that have contacted them about the problem and will let us know as soon as it's fixed.
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I've decided to buy a Honda Jazz with either a 1.2 or 1.4 petrol engine, but I'm not sure which one would be better, paired with a manual gearbox, and I'm looking to spend a maximum of £4000.

I have a couple of questions:

I'm unsure if the catalytic converter is located near the engine in an easily accessible place for thieves to cut it easily. Perhaps someone here knows exactly where the CAT is located.

How is the clutch? And for those who have had to change it, at approximately how many miles did you need to do so?

Are the engines reliable? I've heard that Toyota Yaris petrol engines can suffer from the "soft piston rings syndrome," leading to frequent oil top-ups. I hope this isn't the case with Honda petrol engines.

The car will have a timing chain, and if I perform 8,000-mile oil changes and use good-quality oils, I expect the engine to last a long time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have a lovely day.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Torque setting
« Last post by pebbles on April 12, 2024, 12:11:15 PM »
have the same model , checked my Haynes e-manual .

23Nm for the front calliper slider bolt , which is what I set mine at.

Also I used a little non permanent thread lock
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Tinny on April 12, 2024, 10:12:56 AM »
Thanks Daffodil

I have just submitted a DVSA Vehicle Safety Defect Report.

Emails next!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda jazz 2009 jerking
« Last post by Westy36 on April 12, 2024, 09:36:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Ive not a lot of knowledge about the auto box, however, I have read that it does need frequent oil changes to ensure it works properly. That might be the easiest place to start to see if it helps if it has not had a change recently.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Daffodil on April 12, 2024, 08:54:11 AM »
Persistence Prevails!!

Well Done Cobb2! Brilliant news. I also agree that Honda may now do the right thing by us all.

In the meantime let’s all follow by example and use this approach. Write, email, phone, whatever it takes.

As mentioned, I started at the top with the Managing Director Jean-Marc Streng, but I will make use of the other contact details provided by Cobb2 if I don’t hear back soon.

With regard to Tinny’s post - what shocking behaviour from a respectable business! If Honda HO don’t respond, do not give up. The rapidly growing numbers of Brake Simulator Failures is now an acknowledged fault by HO and your Dealership should be named and shamed. The fact that you had steering problems after the repair is a huge concern, especially for a car with less than 10,000 miles. In my email to M. Streng I mentioned my concern about knock on effects of the delay with repair and my car just sitting in the Dealership car park for at least one month, maybe more. Hopefully you will get refunded in the long run, but that doesn’t excuse such unprofessional behaviour from a representative of the whole Honda empire.

Good Luck everyone - get writing and phoning!

UPDATE - I have also just submitted a DVSA Vehicle Safety Defect Report.

New Members / Re: New Jazz Advance
« Last post by RichardA on April 11, 2024, 08:30:43 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
New Members / Re: New member, Honda e & Beat (PP1) owner
« Last post by RichardA on April 11, 2024, 08:30:19 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
anything