Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I am deviating as I do not have a Sport nor do I have  a Mokka. BUT due to health issues we have been looking for something to replace our  Jazz EX I shift  that we could afford. We were then convinced to go down the Motability route. The only Honda contenders to give a bit more height in which to make getting in and out easier was an HRV or a CRV. The initial payment on the HRV was 1999 as only a a SE CVT  was listed and the CRV auto was 2,399. A fair chunk to pay upfront. So we chose a FORD. Horror of horrors as we had always decried Mr Fords products. It is a Ecosport automatic with a tiddly 1ltr turbo charged engine. It has now done 299 miles. I must admit to being impressed. It does not roll as the experts claim. It is comfortable, my Wife can get into it without pain and falling down into the seat as the Jazz. It is more thirsty but that hopefully will improve. Without using bags of throttle it copes with everyday traffic and when I have used the loud pedal it does get up and go. The gear change is smooth but I have noticed  the fact that it is a three cylinder engine which does feel a little lumpy sometimes. It is reasonably well finished and evidently a great improvement on the earlier model made in India. Unfortunately like all modern cars full of electronic gizmos which means a huge learning curve.
If money was not a consideration I might have gone for the HRV but unfortunately it is.
When we bought the Jazz s/h, there was a fair bit of salesperson pressure, the Ford salesman was a totally different kettle of fish bearing in mind the dealer was selling a car with a huge chunk taken off by Ford and so his profit margin was no doubt affected. He was helpful, considerate  and incredibly patient dealing with two old farts.
Of course the one factor above all is that I do not have do anything except keep it clean and put petrol in it.
I am sorry to say this means I am deserting the Honda fold.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:24:39 PM »
Interesting, free, book to be found here.
http://www.jeffvehicles.com/free-book
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Servicing my Jazz fitment details
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 01:59:28 PM »
Welcome. If you go to someplace like Euro Car Spares they will supply all the parts you need. just by giving them your Registration number.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 01:58:48 PM »
Yeah I used cruise control a lot on my CR-V but don't do a lot of motorway driving now so use the speed limiter for most of my driving.  Both very good additions to technology in my opinion.  I'm sure adaptive cruise control must be a god send.

The thing I like about standard cruise control is it keeps you alert, I always remember the speed set is the speed you will hit something at!
So my tyre pressure warning lights came on and on checking one tyre in need of air.  All now pumped up to recommended pressure.  But how to get the warniing lights to go away?    >:(

Garage  on phone, tells me setting in is in the deep reaches of touchscreen ( where you have to go to reset for summer time)  but I cant find an appropriate spot.  And garage tells me it needs to be done twice!!  Yes need to get garage to do it but I am not convenient to one at the moment.

Advice anyone?  Mark 3 Jazz here 2015

The tyre warning has to be recalibrated, this is done by scrolling through the pages of the right hand display with the buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel. When you get to the page showing a square with an arrow press select ( the center button ) then scroll to the deflation warning screen. Press select. Scroll to initialise. Press select. Then scroll to the square and arrow and select to get back to the normal display

Edit

As ColinS said Handbrake must be on.
Make sure you have the handbrake on or you won't see it.
« Last post by ColinS on Today at 01:45:19 PM »
Yeah I used cruise control a lot on my CR-V but don't do a lot of motorway driving now so use the speed limiter for most of my driving.  Both very good additions to technology in my opinion.  I'm sure adaptive cruise control must be a god send.
So my tyre pressure warning lights came on and on checking one tyre in need of air.  All now pumped up to recommended pressure.  But how to get the warniing lights to go away?    >:(

Garage  on phone, tells me setting in is in the deep reaches of touchscreen ( where you have to go to reset for summer time)  but I cant find an appropriate spot.  And garage tells me it needs to be done twice!!  Yes need to get garage to do it but I am not convenient to one at the moment.

Advice anyone?  Mark 3 Jazz here 2015
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 01:33:26 PM »
I had climate control for years and don't miss it, it is cruise control I won't buy a car without.
I am sure a Mokka or similar is excellent if you want a car that is small inside and is on stilts. My daughter has a Renault Captur, no bigger inside than the Clio it is based on, it is just styled to look like a bigger car, like most SUV lookalikes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything