Author Topic: Wiring in dashcam  (Read 2452 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Wiring in dashcam
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »
Hi just got a nextbase and did not want to use the cig lighter connection, the manual says we can use the 5v usb connection with supplied lead and plug into socket on stand ie:not the camera. As I use a sat nav would save me using a doubler for cig lighter.  Has anyone used this option.  Thanks.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Wiring in dashcam
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
My car doesn't have a USB outlet so I used a USB fitting that plugs into the Aux/Cig socket and a USB cable from there. My camera has only the one socket on the camera body. The newer ones allow you to plug into the bracket. Means you can take the camera away and still leave the mounting and wiring intact.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 01:48:36 PM »
I have my dashcam plugged into a twin USB socket in the 12v socket so I can charge my phone at the same time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

guest7494

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Hi Roddy,
You have2 cig lighter sockets on your car one in arm rest plus a USB socket.
And the same on lower dash area behind Gear lever,I use cig socket in Arm Rest for my Dash Cam no wiring showing,  and the other cig socket for Sat Nav with no worries.this arrangement leaves 2 USB sockets for other requirements.

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.39l Honda Jazz 2004 Ice Blue - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »
I hardwired my dashcam so it would work in parking mode, but the tiny jazz battery really doesnt like being used in parking mode, to be safe it turns it off after a short time.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »
I fitted my Nextbase dashcam in the Civic using one of their hardwire kits, I piggy backed off a fused supply in the under dash fuse box switched on with the ignition, the camera automatically comes on with the ignition, all the cable is completely hidden and no auxiliary supplies are taken up with it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:15:12 PM by Hobo »

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 09:06:13 AM »
Hi Roddy,
And the same on lower dash area behind Gear lever,I use cig socket in Arm Rest for my Dash Cam no wiring showing,  and the other cig socket for Sat Nav with no worries.this arrangement leaves 2 USB sockets for other requirements.
I have just looked, appear to only have one cig lighter socket, usb and hdmi at bottom of dashboard and one usb socket in arm rest.....

guest7494

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 03:38:27 PM »
Hi Roddy,
I have just looked, appear to only have one cig lighter socket, usb and hdmi at bottom of dashboard and one usb socket in arm rest.....

Hi Roddy
I have Mk3 2017 EX model  CVT JAZZ, this has 1USB and ! Cig Socket in Armrest.
They have FLIP UP covers on each one.Identical to the ones below dash adjacent to Gear Leaver.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
Hi Roddy,
Jaffa
Have the SE model so must be a difference between ES and EX then.   Thanks. 

Hi Roddy
I have Mk3 2017 EX model  CVT JAZZ, this has 1USB and ! Cig Socket in Armrest.
They have FLIP UP covers on each one.Identical to the ones below dash adjacent to Gear Leaver.

Tags:

anything