Author Topic: Any news about the changes in the MY 2021 Honda Jazz?  (Read 5000 times)

hotweiss

• Approved Member
Any news about the changes in the MY 2021 Honda Jazz?
« on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
Any news about the changes in the MY 2021 Honda Jazz?

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
Re: Any news about the changes in the MY 2021 Honda Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
As the new Jazz has been on sale for less than 9 months I guess it will be another 3 or 4 years before there is a facelift and given the current situation I doubt if Honda have sold all the cars from the first batch of imports. What you see now is what you will get for the foreseeable future. 

hotweiss

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 02:21:55 PM »
I am new to Honda. Some manufacturers tweak there cars from year to year...

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 02:26:40 PM »
I think they tend to release a new model approximately every 4 years but do a facelift after 2 years.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:35:41 PM »
The 8G and 9G Civic did have small tweaks each model year based on owner and dealer feedback.

I always wait for the second MY. My current 9G Civic was a second year and benefitted from DAB and a fixed iMid that could only be changed when the car was stationary and handbrake on.

My MY13 9G I can rotate round the various iMid display options from a steering wheel button whilst on the move. For example I can switch between average fuel consumption to tank range, not possible on the MY12.

However, there were some downsides. The MY13 didn't get a jack or tools should you buy a spacesaver and the front seat bolts were left exposed. Penny pinching.
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »
My 2006 Mk 1 Jazz has several changes from the original release.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
Honda don't state build dates for MY changeovers, unlike some brands such as those under the VW group, making it harder to spot when MY changes are introduced. In 2007, Honda moved Jazz production from Japan to China - my Mk1 Jazz Sport was made in Japan and registered in July 2007, but Chinese made cars were already being registered prior to that.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 01:02:18 PM »
Might Honda have added the dipping wing mirror that was mentioned in the original brochure but discovered to be absent from the vehicles when they arrived?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 06:13:53 PM »
I've seen online a Fit Sport model based on the Crosstar sold maybe on Japan? It had paint where the plastic wheel arches/bumpers are on the Crosstar and a revised front grille plus changes to interior details, so there are some different models already out there

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:40:02 PM by Bristol_Crosstar »

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 07:00:42 PM »
I think this is a Chinese made Jazz.
They appear to be differences to the standard design, such as no magic seats, with the rear seat squabs not folding flat to the floor and looks like there may not be a central rear seat or 60/40 split.
The side repeater indicators are on the front wings, rather than built into the doors mirrors and a mechanical parking brake.
Like the electric sunroof though.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 03:18:29 AM »
I far prefer a mechanical parking brake. The electric one is on or off, no other choice. With a lever you have control, no chance of an electrical hiccup.

Regarding the tilting passenger mirror, the blurb at the dealers reckoned the EX had it, as posted here with a photo, somewhere.

Has anyone got a MY21 EX that can confirm ?

As far as MY changes go I do know that both the first release 2006 8G and 2012 9G Civics had issues that were fixed for the second MY but not retro fixed.

These testers who run about in those fancy painted prototypes seem to miss important errors that are picked up in days by new owners.
Let's be careful out there !

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »
The car in the video is the Chinese Jazz. I have seen it before (on Wikipedia I think) and it is the regular Jazz not the Crosstar. The grill on the front makes it look much better than the European/Japanese model and I have commented on this before.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »
Found this about the Mk4 Jazz/Fit in China:

The Chinese-market Fit is produced and sold by Guangqi Honda, and launched on 10 June 2020. It is available with two sub-models which are Sport and Crosstar. The Fit Sport featured sportier-looking front and rear bumpers compared to the Japanese or European model. Its twin model for the Chinese market is produced and sold by Dongfeng Honda under the name Honda Life.Both are fitted with a more pronounced rear bumpers compared to the Japanese-produced model, bumping its length to 4,110 mm (161.8 in).
The minor differences between the two are the front bumper designs and rear taillight tint colour (the Life has a clear smoked tint).
Both the Chinese-market Fit and Life is powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine to a CVT transmission. There is no hybrid option offered in China.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 11:02:54 AM »
There’s a functional finesse pack option available in the UK, which includes a front grille, body side moldings, a boot trim and carpet mats. Gives the Jazz a similar front end appearance to the Chinese model, although the grille is still quite shallow (photo attached).
Have any forum members had this pack fitted or perhaps just the front grille?
The grille on its own is £180, with the matte silver trim.
There’s a wide range of accessories available in Japan, with a larger grille and body kit shown on the silver car in attached photo.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 11:30:38 AM by IanG »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 11:33:20 AM »
Why would anyone do that?

Tags:

anything