Author Topic: Honda jazz 2017 ex cvt battery replacement  (Read 23978 times)

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Honda jazz 2017 ex cvt battery replacement
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2023, 04:25:07 PM »
Interestingly my 2018 OE battery says 50Ah and 490A, B24, made by Yuasa.
An apparently suitable replacement Yuasa YBX7053 says 45Ah and 450A. Both EFB stop/start.

On the terminal issue, it's pretty normal for aftermarket supplied batteries to come with the smaller posts plus adapter rings to save on variants,  OE manufacurer supplies will be the single size to save on loose parts on a production line and probably saves a few cents.

kb101

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ 1.3 SE CVT - 67
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2023, 06:45:06 PM »
Interestingly my 2018 OE battery says 50Ah and 490A, B24, made by Yuasa.
An apparently suitable replacement Yuasa YBX7053 says 45Ah and 450A. Both EFB stop/start.

On the terminal issue, it's pretty normal for aftermarket supplied batteries to come with the smaller posts plus adapter rings to save on variants,  OE manufacurer supplies will be the single size to save on loose parts on a production line and probably saves a few cents.

Hmm, on my searches I never saw a Yuasa listed with that high an Ah rating. On the delivery note my battery is actually listed as 370A but the label on the battery 450A.  I saw the Enduroline 048 EFB claims 55Ah/460A but there is only so much power you can squeeze into the size - in fact looking at it now that battery looks supsicously like the one I installed, I would n't be surprised if Yuasa makes it for them.

Paimei26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 66 Ex CVT 1.3 (2017)
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2023, 09:26:32 AM »
Hi what i dont understand is what is the difference between the battery from cox and the yuasa 7053? Are they the same because the Honda one is more expensiclve and I have  seen the 7053 for around £90. Thank you
They should be the same battery with different labels. Hardly Yuasa will product two batteries for the same car, one OEM branded and the other YUASA branded.
The battery I purchased does seem to be a completely different battery. Looking at the OEM one I removed, it is rated for 370A where as the branded one is rated for 450A.  One other signifcant difference is the terminals are thinner than the original and the battery came with rings to bring it up to the correct size.

Hmm since I am newbie how easy is it to fit with these rings to bring it to the same size. And how do u do it. It just that if it's tricky and will cause issues may as well order from cox but would like to save 40 quid. Many thanks

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2023, 02:18:40 PM »
The adapters are usually simply split rings which are a snug push fit over the battery posts. The battery cable clamps then tighten them securely onto the battery fixed posts. If supplied they usually come already on the posts, gently prise them off with a screwdriver if you need to remove them. When they are new and nice and clean it's all good (old dirty ones need cleaning).

Tags:

anything