Author Topic: Genuine or Pattern Parts? Side by side Wheel Bearing comparison  (Read 750 times)

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
Our Jazz is coming up to 10 years old in April and I'm on planning replacing a number of parts as a preventative measure (rather OCD) as we are hoping to get another 7 or 8 years from it. (72,000 miles).

Rear wheel bearings.
Following replacing both on our previous 2004 Jazz,  a  couple of years ago I picked up a genuine Honda one off Ebay for £80 ready for what I thought would be the inevitable replacement. Part number is  42200-TF0-N51

I've now just received a Blue Print one ( part number  ADH28354 ) and I'm very pleased to see that it not only looks identical but it also uses exactly the same bearings as the genuine Honda one.  Even had exactly the same plastic cover. Please see photos.  Genuine is on the left, Blue Print is on the right and has an R on it (first photo).

I've used Blue Print before for brake pads and discs and never had a problem.  Feeling confident that the wheel bearing should last a similar length of time as the genuine one. Saving of over £100 against the genuine one.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Genuine or Pattern Parts? Side by side Wheel Bearing comparison
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
The thing to remember is that Honda do not make the parts but licence other companies to make the parts for them.
So, if it's a company that you have used in the past, and trust I don't see the problem. Especially on an "ageing" car.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
The thing to remember is that Honda do not make the parts but licence other companies to make the parts for them.
So, if it's a company that you have used in the past, and trust I don't see the problem. Especially on an "ageing" car.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »
price comparison?

oe £?
non oe£?
'deny everything Baldrick'

ianhj

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »
oe £210.18 at Lings Honda

oem £76.24 at Parts in Motion via ebay

GRANDAD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Si
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 10:33:21 AM »
.............having worked in the trade for donkey's years prior to retirement I can vouch for Blueprint 100% - part of the Bilstein group, I believe they're equally as good as o/e, and I suspect even from the same source.
We used them constantly with perhaps one or two "failures" - most concerning drive belts wher customers hadn't tightened them up enough and experienced squeal. Beware flea bay - some dodgy ones look like Blueprint but I'm convinced we got one item in a Blueprint box that was not "kosher" ( we returned it pronto ), which was inconvenient at the time but better than a unhappy customer !

Tags: