Author Topic: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance  (Read 12683 times)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2024, 11:30:05 AM »
Now I’ve read of the following problems with the Mk4 Jazz:

Brake failure
Door mirror motors failing
Seat base sides cracking
Delaminating windscreens

I’m really going off the idea of buying a brand new one as these failures are on cars that can’t be any older than 4 years and most seem to have low mileage

In all fairness: Your list above shows the accumulated failures reported by a multitude of forum members.
This doesn't necessarily mean, that every Jazz is bound to experience all of these.

Positive example: Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures and is performing flawlessly(so far). I wonder how many forum members here can say the same.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2024, 12:52:02 PM »
Now I’ve read of the following problems with the Mk4 Jazz:

Brake failure
Door mirror motors failing
Seat base sides cracking
Delaminating windscreens

I’m really going off the idea of buying a brand new one as these failures are on cars that can’t be any older than 4 years and most seem to have low mileage

In all fairness: Your list above shows the accumulated failures reported by a multitude of forum members.
This doesn't necessarily mean, that every Jazz is bound to experience all of these.

Positive example: Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures and is performing flawlessly(so far). I wonder how many forum members here can say the same.

I have had the delaminating windscreen, mirror replaced and washer nozzle replaced. 72 plate. More than anything I have had to do with all 12 of my previous Renaults (one had to have a new coil).

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2024, 02:27:27 PM »
@ Nicksey:
My question was: "Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures. I wonder how many forum members here can say the same."

There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz. Some have been confronted with the failures mentioned. Among them Nicksey.
But what I asked about: how many of those 267 are not confronted with these failures...

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2024, 02:47:10 PM »
No issues with our March 2022 Jazz EX in the 2 years we had it. We liked it so much we traded in both our cars for a 2024 ZR-V Advance.....

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2024, 03:35:28 PM »
@ Nicksey:
My question was: "Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures. I wonder how many forum members here can say the same."

There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz. Some have been confronted with the failures mentioned. Among them Nicksey.
But what I asked about: how many of those 267 are not confronted with these failures...

Yes, I did understand the comment. I agree that, on this forum there are members who have never had an issue too. I have been on other forums too, where all these problems are reported... and again I agree that it may be a small proportion who experience faults. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of faults in relation to owner percentages. Maybe at some point in the future one of the auto magazines will begin to include the Jazz in its 'reliability' polls, only time will tell.
In all honesty, I really do like the Jazz. I enjoy the drive, its powertrain, comfort and overall package. It is by far the most satisfying cars I have ever driven. It has just left me with a nagging feeling that there maybe more troubles ahead.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2024, 04:24:24 PM »
It has just left me with a nagging feeling that there maybe more troubles ahead.

I would look at it from the optimistic side: You've already had your share, more than average. So it can only get better!

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2024, 08:02:34 PM »
There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz.

The poll means that there are at least 267 members owning a MK4 Jazz  :D

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2024, 08:13:00 PM »
I have had the delaminating windscreen, mirror replaced and washer nozzle replaced. 72 plate. More than anything I have had to do with all 12 of my previous Renaults (one had to have a new coil).

And - if I rembember correctly - both the delaminating windscreen and the mirror where replaced under warranty - so: no financial harm done!

(I don't remember the nozzle - which btw is a tricky subject, as it could easily be clogged by mixing incompatible washer fluids - no offence!)

The brake simulator issue is quite another pair of shoes imho as it is both security-relevant and expensive to fix with (so far) unclear standing of Honda UK coughing up for the repair (at least!) plus the inconvenience of a car hire!

I won't bore you with my (quite expensive) issues I had with Volkswagen...

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2024, 04:43:18 PM »
For some reason I’m still tempted by the Jazz

I’ve seen a couple of them on the road in the last few days and size wise it’s perfect for me and I think they look really cute. What I’ve also seen is lots of Mk1’s & Mk2’s and some of them have been quite old and a bit rough but at least they are still running!

I have re-booked my test drive but the test will be in one registered in 2023 (Advance) so does anyone know if there are any changes to a brand new 2024 version?

Thanks for any help/input
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:04:00 PM by ninanina »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2024, 06:05:59 PM »

I’ve seen a couple of them on the road in the last few days and size wise it’s perfect for me and I think they look really cute. What I’ve also seen is lots of Mk1’s & Mk2’s and some of them have been quite old and a bit rough but at least they are still running!

I have re-booked my test drive but the test will be in one registered in 2023 (Advance) so does anyone know if there are any changes to a brand new 2024 version?

Thanks for any help/input
I don't believe there have been any changes to the Advance since it was introduced in 2023

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2024, 07:34:55 PM »

When I was considering to buy my Jazz in 2023, a new model had just arrived to my local dealer from the factory and the dealer said it is the new 2024 model. So I had a chance to compare both 2023 and 2024 Crosstars in store in person. I remember the 2024 had at least these changes:
- Able to tow a trailer up to 500 kg, if you get the optional tow bar fitted.
- More horsepower in engine, at least on paper, but not sure is it also in practice.
- Borderless rear view mirror, without the plastic border around it.
- The front headrests don't have a button to adjust their tilting. The older models had these buttons. In the 2024 model the headrest angle is fixed, and only its height can be adjusted.
- The screen brightness adjustment button was removed from the dashboard and the adjustment is done with the scroll wheel on the steering wheel instead.
- Some changes to the available color options. White is not available in 2024 model, and the closest is "premium sunlight white pear", which to me looks slightly more silver instead of pure white.
- Front grille design is updated.
- Alloy wheels of Crosstar have a darker shade on the portions that were silver before.
- A silver colored part inside the headlights was changed to black color.
- Some changes to the dashboard and seat colors and materials.

Most of these changes are quite unnecessary, just to make it look cooler. But for me the ability to tow a trailer was the most welcome change. It means I just need to rent a trailer, if my stuff doesn't fit in the Jazz, and don't need to rent a van.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 07:50:11 PM by ahavoja »

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2024, 08:20:49 PM »
so does anyone know if there are any changes to a brand new 2024 version?

It is a great car! (imho a far smoother ride than a Yaris)

Considering the new requirements dictated by the EU regarding "safety" assistants I think you will be far better of with a 2023 MY24 Jazz than an actual 2024 model (MY25 in Honda-speak) where the infamous "Intelligent Speed Assistant" is nagging you endlessly  >:(

This "feature" (based on speed sign recognition) - as well as it might be intended - simply doesn't work reliably enough and therefore unfortunately was turned by 2024-regulations into a PITA as it cannot be as easily disabled as on the 2023 Advance (if at all).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 08:32:01 PM by coldstart »

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #42 on: Today at 12:43:08 PM »
Going back to Jazziks question about the owners who have so far been trouble free in the affected years (supposedly) of the brake simulator failure.  Although I am quite reluctant to tempt fate, my car has been entirely trouble free, except a piece of trim came loose in the wheel arch, which I re-attached and all fine since.  BUT like some of you, I am now always wondering if one day the brake failure bug will strike. If it happens it happens, but I do hope it happens when I'm at home, not away travelling somewhere!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:40:30 PM »
I feel the same

Sods law will dictate that I've just loaded up at B&Q and I'll get stuck in a public car park full of gear
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: