Author Topic: Children Returning to School  (Read 2661 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Children Returning to School
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 03:50:09 PM »
It's been a bit stressful, yes. She elected to sit Biology in November and got the grade she should have had, and she's stopped on to resit two A levels this year. I hope they don't screw it up again, the university offers she has so far are all conditional.

Jnr estimated grades were pretty close to what they awarded him. I do hope he gets to do his actual A level exams though. If not, he will be leaving and never actualy sat a final.

Exams don't suit everyone, but I think most kids perform in exams. I think our youngest would have done well, but in the event, he was awarded a fist full of 8 and 9 grades for his GCSEs last year - best result of the lads, and only 1 girl beat him in the whole school.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 12:05:39 PM »
Your lad excelled at his GCSEs. They really are outstanding results that you must be very proud of.   ;D

Jnr loves geography, and got a 7 in that. Everything, aside from graphic design, was 5 or 6. He did really well, but they missed the 'push' and focus that comes in the pre exam season because of covid.

My neice was really upset by not sitting her exams as she had spent so much time working hard. They're all different.

Back to school soon, and more normality for all.  :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 12:15:51 PM »
Your lad excelled at his GCSEs. They really are outstanding results that you must be very proud of.   

He got the brains in the family. I'm no duck egg, but he was asking questions I couldn't answer a long time ago!  ;D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2021, 03:46:52 PM »
One of the local primary schools has had to close already due to cases in several different bubble groups.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 09:02:04 AM »
One of the local primary schools has had to close already due to cases in several different bubble groups.
That is the situation we are all dreading. The disruption to learning could be huge if this continues.  :(

My lad is so pleased to be back at school. He has been tested 3 times so far at school, and once at home. Negative so far! The system seems to be working. :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »
My lad is so pleased to be back at school. He has been tested 3 times so far at school, and once at home. Negative so far! The system seems to be working. :D

Same here, both ours are now testing twice weekly at home.

Tags: