Author Topic: environmentally friendly jazz?  (Read 6052 times)

honda commercial

environmentally friendly jazz?
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »
Hello

I'm really interested to know if anyone bought there Jazz for green reasons? Did any of your worries about your carbon footprint affect your decision at all? BTW, the new Jazz is congestion charge exempt because of its low emissions...

Cheers

tom

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: environmentally friendly jazz?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
The short answer is no. The advantage of the Jazz and other small cars are simply the cost savings made in fuel and road tax.

This is something the government has failed to grasp. How long will it take for the fuel and co2 savings to cancel out the envorimental cost of manufacturing and importing the car in the first place (if you bought brand new)?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:09:34 PM by RichardA »

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
quite agree, the main benifit of the Jazz is cost savings in fuel and road tax rather then actual green reasons.

Messers Brown & Co are bunch of miserable soicalists who hate people with big cars. It's all just a way of getting more money. >:(

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:49:28 PM »
This is something the government has failed to grasp. How long will it take for the fuel and co2 savings to cancel out the envorimental cost of manufacturing and importing the car in the first place (if you bought brand new)?

Although this was true with both of my MINI's (built to order), what if your brand new car was already built before you ordered it or is at least part of the dealers allocation (that is, they have to take it, reserved for a customer or not)? That way, the enviromental cost is already written-off and you are essentially taking something which already exsited. I only had to wait 3.5weeks for my Civic as I got in at the right time and had one from the dealers allocation. It was already built and ready to be delivered. Indeed, I can confirm my Civic's build date is Novemeber 2005 and I ordered it and took delivery in January 2006.

guest508

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
I bought mine, because it is cheaper on fuel, tax and insurance. I am sick and tired of giving so much of my hard earned cash to Brown and his cronies.

If it helps the environment along the way, then so be it.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 06:10:10 PM »
 Bought my Jazz because :-

I had owned Hondas before and they are bulletproof and good to drive.

To save on the repair costs that owners of other makes seem to take as part of owning their car - the only costs on my other Hondas were tyres, exhausts, brake pads, and oil.

To save on fuel - because it will never go down in price again.

Being green was the least of my reasons, I think global warming is the biggest taxation scam ever!  The last 10 years have been the coldest / wettest average on record.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest523

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:30:54 AM »
Perfect small car for the family,cheap,reliable and if it helps the planet then thats cool to.
And by the way global warming will give you weather desribed above with short bursts of heat no long summers anymore thats why we have little snow and mild winters. But true enough every goverment and corparation will use it to tax us.This is horrendus saying there the ones who rule electricity generation ,gas extraction ,pollution schedules.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »
I bought mine for much the same reasons as above - its fuel economy and Road Tax! Also, for the next 3 years all I shall be paying for is servicing. No new tyres, battery, exhaust or MoT's!
Insurance is the same as my previous car.

Green issues did not come into it. In fact, green issues are the biggest con ever!

guest523

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:45 AM »
Going off thread slightly green issues are not  the con they exsist in my humble opinion .Its the corporations and goverments which make the con rather than help.We pay for there pollution . 

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
Well, in my humble opinion they don't exist. So there!  :P

guest523

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »
Hey every ones opinions there own we all live and die buy our actions no offence was meant by stating the facts we all interpret them our own way.So buying a jazz has helped my belief thanks for your help. ::)

Tags:

anything