Author Topic: RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT  (Read 5181 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
I had climate control for years and don't miss it, it is cruise control I won't buy a car without.

Normal cruise control no good in UK, needs to be adaptive. This is due to our congested roads - have used our normal cruise control only once or twice in five years, not worth continually adjusting speed.

It depends where you live, I live in a low traffic area and use cruise control a lot. Even on some 30 limit roads.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:24:43 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
What is the point of climate control if you have to override it to get the output you want?
That's the whole point.  I don't :).  The key thing is that I never have to change the temperature.  Had climate control for more years than I can remember and wouldn't dream of buying a car without it.
The only thing I have to override is the vent direction. During winter I have to leave it set to feet and screen to avoid the screen misting up. I consider that to be a deficiency in Honda's system though as it ought to be able to detect high humidity levels and act accordingly. Interestingly I used to drive Nissans many years ago and they didn't mist up even when driven for hours on recirculate. I've often said that Honda aren't very good at designing cabin ventilation systems.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:35:24 PM by andruec »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
I had climate control for years and don't miss it, it is cruise control I won't buy a car without.

Normal cruise control no good in UK, needs to be adaptive. This is due to our congested roads - have used our normal cruise control only once or twice in five years, not worth continually adjusting speed.
Depends where and how you're driving I suppose. I find it's perfectly fine on the motorway but then I like to sit in lane one at 60mph (56 if there's a long queue of HGVs or I just can't be bothered to pass one). On A roads I use it if I'm familiar with the road and there aren't many bends and it's relatively flat.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
I used cruise control constantly. Any time the traffic in town allowed 30 mph, on it went. Country roads and motorway, it was great. Close up behind another vehicle, just needed a flick of the switch to disable, and once I either slowed to match their pace, or overtook, a flick of the switch put it back on. And on a dual carriageway it was just a case of throttle down to overtake then lift off and it would automatically reengage. I miss my cruise control. Never had climate control but I miss my air con even more!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 04:59:57 PM »
South of Carlisle to Glasgow without coming off cruise control is easy until you get to the two lane motorway north of Abingdon, then it can be a challenge but the 10 mph speed steps in the cruise control settings are a help!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:42:27 PM by Skyrider »

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 07:36:13 PM »
I use cruise control quite often especially on dual carriageways and motorways, I don't find it any problem to adjust the speed using the controls when reading the traffic conditions well ahead, I will switch to manual in heavy traffic but it is easy resume the set speed later.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 10:12:18 AM »
I use cruise control quite often especially on dual carriageways and motorways, I don't find it any problem to adjust the speed using the controls when reading the traffic conditions well ahead, I will switch to manual in heavy traffic but it is easy resume the set speed later.

I have tried planning ahead on motorways by reading the traffic then a HGV or other lorry suddenly decides he needs to pull out and throws following traffic into a chaos of braking and swapping lanes,  happens too often on motorways like M5 and M6 to make cruise control a workable option.  I use it sometimes in average speed camera zones through motorway roadworks with everyone doing same speed but otherwise it is not worth engaging it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »
I agree that cruise control can require intervention in the congested South to the point that it is not worth using, but I live well north of all that hassle. Driving to road conditions will dictate  whether it is worth using. Being a regular user makes it easier to use, a bit of practice makes most things easier. :-)

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
I have tried planning ahead on motorways by reading the traffic then a HGV or other lorry suddenly decides he needs to pull out and throws following traffic into a chaos of braking and swapping lanes,  happens too often on motorways like M5 and M6 to make cruise control a workable option.  I use it sometimes in average speed camera zones through motorway roadworks with everyone doing same speed but otherwise it is not worth engaging it.

I use both the M5 & M6 regularly from Cornwall driving to relations in Preston, I don't find it any problem using cruise control, if a HGV pulls out or in heavy traffic a touch of the brakes switches to manual then I just resume set speed when conditions allow and make any adjustments necessary, it is a lot easier than having to keep your foot on the accelerator all the time, still each to own but as far as I am concerned cruise control if used sensibly makes for an easier life on long journeys.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:48:06 PM by Hobo »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »

as far as I am concerned cruise control if used sensibly makes for an easier life on long journeys.

I agree, that is what it is designed to do. I use it when south of civilisation if the situation allows it.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »
Well i have ordered my jazz cvt sport today and im surprised that honda has cars available in uk as my last car was a seat dsg leon and had to wait for factory  to make it.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
I am sure you will enjoy it, when you have a little experience of the CVT a comparison with the DSG would be interesting.

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
Well i have ordered my jazz cvt sport today and im surprised that honda has cars available in uk as my last car was a seat dsg leon and had to wait for factory  to make it.

When will you take delivery?

Im thinking of buying a Jazz and in a prelim discussion the good salesman said its probably likely most of the range would be available for pick up within a week. I need to check tomorrow. Good incentive if you are in the market for a Jazz / Honda.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
Mine was 10 days from order to handover.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »
I am sure you will enjoy it, when you have a little experience of the CVT a comparison with the DSG would be interesting.

Will do sky should be good as i did have a skoda fabia vrs 1.4tsi turbo supercharged dsg and a seat leon dsg 1.4 so will be interesting ming you that skoda was so good a shame they no longer do the fabia vrs.

Tags:

anything