Author Topic: Trying to replace my ipod- USB problems.  (Read 1443 times)

guest7603

Trying to replace my ipod- USB problems.
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
Hi everyone

for many many reasons I'm not a fan of Apple but have finally ditched my ipod for a sony walkman (old school, I know).

The problem is connecting it and getting full functionality via USB in my Honda Jazz.

If I connect via usb and use it in "mass storage mode" it works but the organisation of all the folders is a mess. They're not in any hierarchical order and I can't access any playlists. They're not even sorted into artist/ album/ song etc. So it's good to randomly play things but not to actually find anything specific.

If I connect via usb and have it in normal player mode it says "unsupported" and nothing works.

If I connect via the aux function it works but I can't use the car controls.

Is there any way of having the functionality in the car of my ipod without using an ipod? i.e. be able to select artist/ album/ songs/ playlists and be able to use the steering wheel controls?

I've not converted any files (that I know of) I've just emptied everything from iTunes onto the walkman.

Help please!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Trying to replace my ipod- USB problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
The Walkman wont support the operation like an iPod, as that is unique Apple, the only way to operate it would be as a mass storage device as you mention, that can read the files, just not like the way an iPod structures them.

Your probably better off just putting the music files onto a USB stick and structuring the files better, to allow for artist/albums etc.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Trying to replace my ipod- USB problems.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »
All my in-car music is stored on a USB stick, inserted in the armrest socket.
The stick currently contains 535 songs/pieces in 26 folders.
The folders show on  the info screen in numerical order as they do on the PC and show the Folder No. plus the Name of the Album, together with the Song No/Title, plus the Artist.
I guess this is much the same as the Ipod, but much cheaper.

Tags: