Author Topic: Honda increases prices except for basic Jazz S  (Read 15725 times)

guest4036

Re: Honda increases prices except for basic Jazz S
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 04:16:15 PM »
Had thought of changing early 2016 but having 2nd thoughts now after scanning this topic. Road tests don't look very exciting. It's not been mentioned yet - so here goes! - perhaps Honda are feeling the pinch from their adventure (not very successfully) back into F1 :o

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »
As I have previously stated I was going to change mine in twelve months when it will be three years old, however after the various reports in the motoring press and posts on here I seriously doubt it will be another new Jazz especially in view of the cost of the new EX with this price rise and with it's new technology which I am not at all impressed with.

I may possibly go back to a Civic but not brand new, maybe a demonstrator or six to twelve months old,  otherwise I shall be looking at a change of marque which would be a shame as Honda has been my preferred choice for many years now. 

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »
I like the look of the 0% finance being offered. Its only on cars registered this month so it will only be on the colours, models available for delivery this month.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »
As a matter of interest I have checked the prices of the Fit on the US website and found that:
The EX Manual is $17700 List (= £11712) compared to the Jazz EX Manual UK list price of £15715.
Bear in mind also that the US Spec car is fitted with a 1500cc 130bhp engine and comes with a 5 year driveline warranty as well as the normal 3 year warranty.
I think Honda are taking the pee somewhat.

...and it comes with a proper opening sunroof as standard.  I can't believe they've dropped the panaoramic roof in the UK.  Want metallic?  No charge in the US.

Honda would never get away with charging premium prices in the US - they're seen as cheap cars there.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:40 PM »
Honda would never get away with charging premium prices in the US - they're seen as cheap cars there.

car sales tax in USA is a lot lower than in UK (average between different states is about 4 to 5% as opposed to 20% in UK).  Also a lot more competitive market in USA.

There is a big difference between cheap and good value - the Japanese did the same to American car industry as they did to ours, simply by giving many orders of magnitude better reliability and quality and much better value for money - we have soon forgotten how bad British and American cars were before Japanese came on the scene, some on this forum may be too young to remember when a heater and radio were 'optional extras'.

Honda have always been in the business of setting up local plants to produce cars using local content and labour - that is why they are so well respected in USA.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:49:45 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »

http://www.am-online.com/news/2015/1/29/how-honda-plans-to-double-its-dealers-profits/37675/

Some very interesting stuff in there.  I now better understand why the dealer bribed me into taking a PCP on the Jazz we bought last year.

It talks about the dealers being geared up so Honda could do 100,000 sales per year - perhaps that explains why our excellent and long-standing little dealer got canned. 

In the event they "slumped" to 50,000 sales in 2011.   Well things aren't much better now - they only just broke 50,000 last year and this year will be the same.   Seems their taget isn't even 100,000 any more - it's 80,000.

And the dealers think having a Honda franchise is worse than Fiat or Chrysler!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
Had thought of changing early 2016 but having 2nd thoughts now after scanning this topic. Road tests don't look very exciting. It's not been mentioned yet - so here goes! - perhaps Honda are feeling the pinch from their adventure (not very successfully) back into F1 :o

many of Honda woes caused by Mclaren not giving them enough space for the engine pack developed by Honda so Honda engineers had to downsize critical components,  reducing stored power and electric motor boost available,  also Mclaren handling not the best
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest907

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »
As a matter of interest I have checked the prices of the Fit on the US website and found that:
The EX Manual is $17700 List (= £11712) compared to the Jazz EX Manual UK list price of £15715.
Bear in mind also that the US Spec car is fitted with a 1500cc 130bhp engine and comes with a 5 year driveline warranty as well as the normal 3 year warranty.
I think Honda are taking the pee somewhat.

Mid of the range (2 of 3) when I was in Australia earlier this year, price was brand new and roughly $2 = £1. Pre-reg...unheard of there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »

Mid of the range (2 of 3) when I was in Australia earlier this year, price was brand new and roughly $2 = £1. Pre-reg...unheard of there.

That's an auto as well.

We pay more in the first place and then get spanked on depreciation as cars drop in price faster in the UK than anywhere else.

guest907

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2015, 11:54:10 PM »
And the steering wheel and all controls are already on the right hand side!!

Tags: