Author Topic: '03 Front Door Speakers?  (Read 5123 times)

guest3718

'03 Front Door Speakers?
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
I drove my '03 Jazz into a Halford's today for some new front door speakers - the man told me I needed some 16cm/6 inch speakers - but when he opened up my door panel he told me he couldn't fit them, because if he tried to he wouldn't have been able to get the door panel back on. He said I'd need some sort of adapter which will allow the speakers to fit in - but he couldn't find any anywhere.

I was just wondering if anyone know if there are any adapters for sale anywhere which will allow me to get some nice speakers in my front door panels?

Thanks a lot!
Georgie

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: '03 Front Door Speakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
Is it a small bracket to secure self-tapping screws, or a large bracket like in this picture?

[attachment deleted by admin]
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3718

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »
Hi, yeah my car's got the factory speakers in at the mo and they've got a bracket like the one in the picture. The man said there are no screws, it's just stuck on

Thanks

guest3161

• Topic Starter
'03 Front Door Speakers?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
If you want to fit that size speaker you need to use part of the stock one. Basically you need to cut off the speaker from the black ring that's used to attach it to the door.
Then screw the new speaker on top of that.
After that's done you'll need to cut away some excess plastic on the inside of the door card for it all to fi back on.

guest3718

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
Ah right I see, I have told the man at Halford's and he's going to have another look. Thanks a lot for your help!

Tags:

anything