Author Topic: Fuse Boxes Information.  (Read 1613 times)

Don21

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Advance
Fuse Boxes Information.
« on: May 02, 2024, 08:57:02 AM »
Hello, Purchased a new Jazz Advance for the wife. Some may wonder why I am asking this question, it relates to an event with the last car she had. The fuse boxes under the bonnet and inside the car ( Passenger footwell ). They have identification like IG Main, IG Main 2 etc. I know IG means Ignition but how do I find out what circuit each fuse protects.  Years ago fuse box identifications would say accessories, lights, wipers etc so I knew what a fuse protected. So is there any way I can find a diagram, picture whatever for what each fuse protects. I understand the potential hazards of doing anything in this area but my qualifications and knowledge means I have a complete understanding of modern car electrics.  Many thanks for any replies.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Fuse Boxes Information.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 09:42:49 AM »
Fuses are identified in the on line owners manual  for my 2021 car.  Probably also in the 2024 manual.

If you havnt got a manual you can view it and download a free pdf from Honda via this site

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Don21

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Advance
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 10:42:30 AM »
Many thanks Lord Voltimore. The manual you suggest shows the fuses but like I mentioned they are identified as IN, IN 2 etc. Unfortunately while IN etc means Ignition it doesn't identify what circuit the fuse protect.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 11:03:41 AM »
Manufacturers these days dont want owners to be able to change oil bulbs etc why would they help you ID the fuses.
I would look at the design of the F box on ealier years then attempt top match the layout.

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:08:43 PM »
Manufacturers these days dont want owners to be able to change oil bulbs etc why would they help you ID the fuses.
I would look at the design of the F box on ealier years then attempt top match the layout.

I have been motoring now for 45 years (I know, I'm still a "youngster")  :D and have owned various brands of cars.
Over all these years I never had a blown fuse that wasn't due to my own tampering with the car.

My take on blown fuses is this:
- if I have tampered with the car, I know exactly what to look for  ;)
- if I have NOT tampered with the car, I will have a professional look over the car because there must be something amiss (otherwise the fuse wouldn't have blown in the first place, would it?)

Regarding bulbs: As more and more of the car's light bulbs are now LEDs which are supposed to last a "lifetime" there is less and less of owner-replacable light bulbs.
On my MY24 Advance only the rear indicatiors, the trunk lightning and some of the interiour lights (vanitiy mirror lightning e.g.) are "real" bulbs.

And: The replacement of those - to my recollection - is clearly outlined in the manual.

Tags:

anything