Author Topic: Mk3 model longevity?  (Read 7939 times)

guest7675

Re: Mk3 model longevity?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
I think its great that honda have created a sporty look for the new jazz it would be good to even see a jazz type r as skoda are going to have a mpv vrs soon it attracts some younger guys in as to bodykit i like mine it looks well good.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
I think its great that honda have created a sporty look for the new jazz it would be good to even see a jazz type r as skoda are going to have a mpv vrs soon it attracts some younger guys in as to bodykit i like mine it looks well good.

I thought of putting a "Type R" or "RS" badge on the back of my jazz, but it would spoil the surprise it gives to some drivers. ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:57:47 PM by Skyrider »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »
Honda has just said that Mk3 HR-V will be released before the new Fit-Jazz, because it suffers Toyota CH-R hybrid variants.
So, considering the delay between japanese and european markets, we will probably see new HR-V in late 2020, and Jazz one year later.  New platform (I hope they will keep the back seats system) and I-MMD hybrid powertrain, like new Insight. 

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »
Honda has just said that Mk3 HR-V will be released before the new Fit-Jazz, because it suffers Toyota CH-R hybrid variants.
So, considering the delay between japanese and european markets, we will probably see new HR-V in late 2020, and Jazz one year later.  New platform (I hope they will keep the back seats system) and I-MMD hybrid powertrain, like new Insight.

You might be unlucky with the magic seats, hybrids are a compromise on interior space, the battery has to go somewhere.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »
You might be unlucky with the magic seats, hybrids are a compromise on interior space, the battery has to go somewhere.
Did the previous Jazz hybrid not have Magic Seats?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »
Did the previous Jazz hybrid not have Magic Seats?
Yes. The battery occupied the space for the spare wheel. However, I don't know the configuration with the Mk 3 Jazz hybrid which is sold in Asia.

I wonder if a battery could be divided into four pieces one under each corner of the boot floor while leaving both the spare wheel well and the magic seats intact. Or maybe the HR-V, being slightly higher than the Jazz, could have a thin battery pack under the magic seats. Time will tell - we have to hope that Honda will do some clever stuff to give their vehicles some unique selling points.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 10:07:52 PM »
https://www.marklines.com/en/report_all/rep1235_201312#report_area_2
Imho the actual Fit hybrid has the same rear seat system of our 1.3 Jazz.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »
https://www.marklines.com/en/report_all/rep1235_201312#report_area_2
Imho the actual Fit hybrid has the same rear seat system of our 1.3 Jazz.
Thanks. The photos in that link show that the battery is in the spare wheel well and, as on the Mk 2 Jazz hybrid, it wouldn't affect the magic seats. If the target customers are urban (which is where a hybrid power train has the biggest impact) then lack of a spare wheel is less of a concern.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
My doubts about the seats on the new platform come from the last Civic, without the  magic seats system while  8th  9th generations had it. Maybe this is due from rear suspension geometry, or from the placement of other parts (lowering front seats, tank, ...) but I'm not sure they will keep this seats on new hr-v and jazz. I hope so.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:02:23 PM by jazzaro »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2018, 07:14:41 PM »
British built cars were terrible, but when Japanese cars started appearing in the UK they were even worse. They weren't known as "Jap crap" for nothing. Then they got good and we started getting Kia and Proton cars selling here, and they were as bad as the early Japanese built cars. Remember the Kia Pride?

The Kia Pride was a badge engineered Mazda 121, the first Protons were heavily based on the Mitsubishi Lancer ('83-ish). Both were made in parallel with the doner cars, imports to the UK only started once replacements were introduced by Mazda and Mitsubishi. Kias were imported and distributed by Mazda at the time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:31:14 PM by RichardA »

Tags:

anything