Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
When I bought my 2009 1.2 SE the airbag light was on but dealer said it just needs resetting.

I found easy reset videos for pretty much every Honda model except mine! Under steering wheel where fuses are etc there is no plug such as the one in this video:

Does anyone know if this method works on my Jazz, and where the reset plug is located?

Cheers
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Climate change.
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 18, 2019, 08:53:32 PM »
switch back to locally produced seasonal foods & planet will respond .... consumers are far too used to getting foods 365 days a year from quarter or half way round the globe to accept this I fear
Shipping or flying food around the world adds to the CO2 problem which, I fear, is unlikely to be addressed until there is global consensus for a carbon tax on the fuel. Higher transport costs passed on to customers would encourage change about what to buy from where. I believe that container ships are already going slower than they used to in order to reduce fuel consumption but the current motivation is to reduce costs in a competitive market. Reduced CO2 is a welcome side-effect.

On a more local scale I would also increase the direct / indirect costs of using the road network in order to discourage the convoluted supply chains which have evolved due to road transport being relatively cheap. I would also discourage long distance commuting but that would happen anyway if our politicians had the will to ensure that sufficient housing is available near the jobs. It's the shortage of housing in the right places which drives up prices and causes the long distance commuting. Sensibly build wooden housing (using some locked-in carbon) and designed to be dismantleable in case there's a need for future moving to follow the jobs.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Wiring in dashcam
« Last post by Roddy0000 on March 18, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
Hi Roddy,
You have2 cig lighter sockets on your car one in arm rest plus a USB socket.
And the same on lower dash area behind Gear lever,I use cig socket in Arm Rest for my Dash Cam no wiring showing,  and the other cig socket for Sat Nav with no worries.this arrangement leaves 2 USB sockets for other requirements.
I have just looked, appear to only have one cig lighter socket, usb and hdmi at bottom of dashboard and one usb socket in arm rest.....
Jaffa
Have the SE model so must be a difference between ES and EX then.   Thanks. 

Hi Roddy
I have Mk3 2017 EX model  CVT JAZZ, this has 1USB and ! Cig Socket in Armrest.
They have FLIP UP covers on each one.Identical to the ones below dash adjacent to Gear Leaver.
« Last post by culzean on March 18, 2019, 06:58:11 PM »
The book looks forward as far as 2100, well within the lifespan of children born today. By then the forecast is that there will be considerable less land for food production than at present and as for growing trees, it would take all the available arable land to grow enough trees to capture the CO2 needed to reverse the temperature rises.
By 2100, vast areas currently producing food will only be fit for growing cactus and sea anemones!
Getting the affluent West to give up eating beef is easier said than done, and while there is a market then there will be producers willing to make a profit from it.

https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/articles/dairy-cows-livestock-behind-growth-soya-south-america/

Interesting article says that feeding cows on Soya is much more efficient than making Soya milk with equivalent protein content,  and as a by product from cows milk you also get butter and cheese ( as well as beef - yummmmy ). 

I have to use Soya products because I am very badly affected by any kind of animal milk ( cow, goat, sheep tried most of them), but I would much rather eat butter and drink normal milk than the soya variety.   The amount of oestrogen in soya products is also a big worry, people go on about hormone fed beef etc but the amount of hormones in beef is infinitesimal compared to anything made from Soya,  and animal fats are much higher in Omega 3,  oils and fats made from plant extracts tend to have a very unbalanced ration of Omega 6 to Omega 3,  and omega 6 is nowhere near as good for you as Omega 3,  but you body will try to use omega 6 instead of omega 3 and this results in big health problems.   My whole extended family ( except me ) have gone back to eating butter and drinking animal milks -how jealous I am that they can do that while I am stuck with unhealthy and tasteless plant based sh1tú..
« Last post by Jocko on March 18, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »
The book looks forward as far as 2100, well within the lifespan of children born today. By then the forecast is that there will be considerable less land for food production than at present and as for growing trees, it would take all the available arable land to grow enough trees to capture the CO2 needed to reverse the temperature rises.
By 2100, vast areas currently producing food will only be fit for growing cactus and sea anemones!
Getting the affluent West to give up eating beef is easier said than done, and while there is a market then there will be producers willing to make a profit from it.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: WTO rules?
« Last post by culzean on March 18, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »
I see that the British government produced fake news and fake evidence to present to journalists during the Cold War.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47571253

So nothing changed there then!

BBC has long been the propaganda arm of the UK government / establishment with a distinct liberal / left bias- they work on the principle that if you repeat something often enough people absorb it and even though they may not believe it,  it nevertheless begins to take root as the truth.  UK may well be the only country that forces its citizens to pay a legally enforceable levy (dressed up as a licence fee) to an organisation that regularly pushes an agenda onto them. Any people within the BBC who want to tell people the truth are quickly weeded out and sacked - having said that there is still Andrew Neil,  but no one coming along to replace him.
« Last post by Barky on March 18, 2019, 03:49:19 PM »
Food production capacity isn't an issue. It's the type of food: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impact-on-earth. If we reduce our meat consumption then there will be a lot more land available for forests and less greenhouse gases being produced. Plus there's a lot of food currently going to waste due to damage/losses in storage and transport.
switch back to locally produced seasonal foods & planet will respond .... consumers are far too used to getting foods 365 days a year from quarter or half way round the globe to accept this I fear
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Wiring in dashcam
« Last post by Jaffa Jazz on March 18, 2019, 03:38:27 PM »
Hi Roddy,
You have2 cig lighter sockets on your car one in arm rest plus a USB socket.
And the same on lower dash area behind Gear lever,I use cig socket in Arm Rest for my Dash Cam no wiring showing,  and the other cig socket for Sat Nav with no worries.this arrangement leaves 2 USB sockets for other requirements.
I have just looked, appear to only have one cig lighter socket, usb and hdmi at bottom of dashboard and one usb socket in arm rest.....

Hi Roddy
I have Mk3 2017 EX model  CVT JAZZ, this has 1USB and ! Cig Socket in Armrest.
They have FLIP UP covers on each one.Identical to the ones below dash adjacent to Gear Leaver.
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 18, 2019, 02:50:49 PM »
Food production capacity isn't an issue. It's the type of food: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impact-on-earth. If we reduce our meat consumption then there will be a lot more land available for forests and less greenhouse gases being produced. Plus there's a lot of food currently going to waste due to damage/losses in storage and transport.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Funny smell
« Last post by Jocko on March 18, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »
I used the car first thing, with no issues, then parked it in the sun for 4 hours. When I next went to use it there was a strange "acidic" smell in the cabin (not battery acid). I opened my window while I went to pick up my wife. Before putting the car away in the garage I checked the boot for any "shopping" that may have dropped out the bags and "matured". Nothing. The boot was dry, as was the rear wheel well. I checked the carpets, in the car, and they were bone dry (surprising after Saturday's rain). I sprayed the interior fabric with Febreze, and a quick squirt of air freshener wafted about completed the deal. I'll see what it is like tomorrow. Strange though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything