Author Topic: bluetooth connectivity  (Read 22692 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: bluetooth connectivity
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 04:19:36 PM »
I was not meaning to condone the use of any device, built in or not.
Need to move with the times here, using a stand-alone satnav whilst driving now forms part of the driving test:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-test-changes-4-december-2017
So not only is it accepted practice and condoned by officialdom, it's actually required.

You only have to follow directions from a satnav, the examiner provides it and sets it up. As Jocko says above the motorway gantry signs in Scotland specifically warn against seting up or adjusting them while driving.
Correct. However ColinS's comment, which I referenced, says he doesn't condone use of a device. I was merely pointing out that that cannot be correct because even the driving test now requires the use of a satnav. I would class "following instructions from a satnav" as using it, wouldn't you ?

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »
I was not meaning to condone the use of any device, built in or not.
Need to move with the times here, using a stand-alone satnav whilst driving now forms part of the driving test:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-test-changes-4-december-2017
So not only is it accepted practice and condoned by officialdom, it's actually required.
Oh dear. Something else to make me feel old. When I took my test there was only the practical exam. Most sad - I don't think driving standards have improved over the last thirty years even with the test changes.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
I know that is an official government page but that is not what some Chief Constables are saying, or the AA for that matter.  Good luck in court.
As well as the specific offence of using a phone, there is still an offence of driving without due care and attention.  One of several indicators is carrying out other tasks while driving.  It's a matter of degree of loss of attention, but I was a magistrate long before the specific phone offence was introduced, and we sometimes found a phone user guilty, depending on all the circumstances.

guest7868

• Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
Having been told by Honda UK that the issue of my Bluetooth not working is my problem and mine alone, I have now solved the Bluetooth connectivity issue.

Tesco's petrol stations are selling a Bluetooth hands free kit which fits to the sun visor at £19.99 is an absolute bargain, perhaps Honda should give one away free with every 2018 Jazz Sport Navi. Certainly better than paying over £18 k for something that only works when it feels like it. If Tesco's device doesn't work then its only £20 down the drain very much cheaper than trying to buy a 2015 compatible mobile phone, only ones I can find are aging I Phones at £300 plus or second hand refurbished models

Well done Honda UK for your fantastic customer service, whatever happened to the customer comes first:- ok as long as they don't want to call you on their mobile phone.

Thanks guys for all the advice, I give up Honda wins.

guest7868

• Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »
I have just downgraded my mobile to one that shows up on the Honda UK approved list of compatible phones (this is an aging Nokia 'brick' circa 2005). I had to request a new SIM card from my service provider as my current smart phone (9 months old) runs a small SIM whereas the dear old Nokia runs the larger SIM card.

I paired the phone to the car with some difficulty (old technology verses new technology) but Honda said it would work and true enough it did. I made three out going calls and received two incoming on the 4th outgoing call the Bluetooth system fell over as before this time saying HFT not working - no kidding I sort of guessed that.

I cleared the cars memory of the Nokia and tried to pair up a Sony of similar age (but not on their list) it to paired ok, eventually, however disconnected when the ignition was turned off. Again two or three calls were made and one or two received and then it fell over too, HFT not working.

It seems to me that the Honda Hands free telephone systems are for emergency use only:- one call to the emergency services, one to the recovery services and on to home(if you are lucky) and that's your lot. I have yet to make more than 4 consecutive calls with this most advanced system Hand Free Telephone System.

Honda UK remain as always very understanding of my problems but still maintain it is not their fault as they only make and sell the cars.

For gods sake can somebody take ownership of this problem, false sympathy does not make my phone work any better, is it unreasonable of me to expect it to work, it is after all 2018 and I have paid to have Bluetooth in my car.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »
Honda UK remain as always very understanding of my problems but still maintain it is not their fault as they only make and sell the cars.
The unit is sold as part of the car.  You have now complied with their requirements.  It is their problem to fix.  Tell them the car does not function to the specifications under which it was sold and you want to return it for a full refund.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
That's a bit odd, I now suspect a faulty unit. I've used two phones with mine (a Samsung S3 and a Samsung S7 Edge) and both appear to have worked flawlessly. To be fair I don't take many calls in the car and never make them but I have driven many hundreds of miles using Bluetooth to stream music and relay audio from my phone's sat nav app.

guest7868

• Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »
That was my line of thought but Honda UK are adamant that it is not their car, software or anything to do with them.(very helpful attitude indeed) The dealer is also of the same opinion, however he has to 'tow the company line' as he does only sell Honda's.

My phone manufacturer has been most helpful and is investigating the issue, but to date without any conclusion.

Time is running out, as is my patience, Honda may well be getting their fancy new Jazz Sport Navi back as I believe that it is not fit for purpose, despite Honda UK's opinion of 'if it goes from A to B and because it is a car then its fit for purpose' They also pointed out the make cars not phones, so why pack the car with fancy electronic gizmos, made by a third party which don't work, especially as their advertising highlights these so called driver enhancements.

My faith in Honda as a brand has gone, once known as a reliable car manufacturer, they have fallen in line with the rest of them.

Out looking for a good quality reliable car which does what it says in the brochure....... Don't suppose one exists, something to do with Rocking Horse poo or hens teeth.

His_name_is_robertpaulson

• Approved Member
  • Area left blank intentionally. Like the user.
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2023, 02:03:32 AM »
FWIW, Nissan headunits had this issue so time ago. Phone connects then seemingly loses functionality or stops connecting altogether. I found a thread on the Spotify forums and the problem was the Bluetooth AVRCP profile was updated for Android 11 I think. This can be fixed by rolling back the AVRCP profile (only on Android) by enabling developer mode  and accessing the settings. Google AVRCP Bluetooth rollback for the brief instructions. Once you changed the setting it seemed to fix the connection issues

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2023, 09:20:57 AM »
Most Chinese brand mobiles have very strange behavior, my Huawei always used to drop connections. It was forever closing background apps, and generally being annoying crashing, it also never ever got any security updates, just that daft emui system ones.

I now have a pixel phone and it's like a new world. Everything just works 100% all of the time.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2023, 10:34:49 AM »
I think Huawei is amongst the Chinese phones that Google have blacklisted so there are a lot of apps that can't install
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything