Author Topic: 2015 honda jazz will not start  (Read 5025 times)

waza

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 honda jazz gk3
2015 honda jazz will not start
« on: October 28, 2023, 01:34:47 PM »
Hi all have used this forum many times and wanted to say thanks for the helpful information.
But I am stuck with what seems to be a non starting 2015 gk3 jazz (95000km) that does not present any fault codes ( using launch diagnostic tool) but refuses to start. sometimes it will fire up up but die straight away.

a little history of what we have done so far to try and get this one to fire up.
1. battery replaced
2. spark plugs
3. fuel pump after confirming low on pressure and found filter fairly clogged
4. have checked coils and confirmed we have spark

Also when checking spark plugs after a few attempts the spark plugs are wet with fuel from what appears as flooding.

Have checked all fuses and relays all ok, also checked immobiliser all seems fine.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: 2015 honda jazz will not start
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 02:03:04 PM »
Did you try the procedure for flooded engines (floor it when starting, try to keep the revs high (over 3,000) while slowly releasing the pedal until the engine has warmed up for a few minutes)?
It might need that in order to clean some excessive oil/petrol/sooth.
Sounds as if you did everything you could do!

Webley

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Civic
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 09:50:16 PM »
Check the temperature sender on the cylinder head. It sets the fueling for a cold start.

waza

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 01:17:14 AM »
Hi Marco and Webly

Yes, I have tried the procedure for flooded engine but it will not fire up long enough to get the 3000rpm it will fire up once or twice in the start cycle and then just die.

as for the temp sender would there be a code or can I just disconnect it for testing purposes ?

Thanks
Waza

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »
Let the forum know what happened before to no start, what work done, is the new battery fully charged?

waza

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 08:37:28 PM »
Hi All

Vehicle was parked up and battery went flat while I was away, Had battery replaced by racq and the tech cleared codes as he it was standard practice ( I was not present for this as i was at work ) vehicle would start and idle for 20/30 secs then die, tech thought that the fuel system could be at fault.

Have had a mobile tech come and look and same response fuel system must be at fault as no codes are present then did fuel pressure check and fuel pressure was low so we replaced the fuel pump, fuel pressure is up and yet vehicle will not start.

While I have tried a few things i have ensured that the battery is fully charged. have checked all fuses and relays all seem ok, no loose connections from changing the spark plugs.

suspect it is somthing small just need to isolate the cause 

Tags:

anything