Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Clunking noise when setting off
« Last post by Skyrider on August 14, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »
I hope the chance of two faulty replacement mounts is negligible.
« Last post by ColinB on August 14, 2018, 11:12:51 PM »
Hi Twd99, and welcome to the forum.

In your case if the noise disappeared after only having the exhaust adjusted, then that sounds like the mount didn’t need doing, but I suspect Honda’s standard response now for this sort of noise is to replace the mount anyway. Glad you’ve got it fixed.

In my case the dealer did indeed suspect the exhaust and tried his best to prove that’s what it was. However his conclusion was that the exhaust was OK and the issue was the transmission mount. That’s now been replaced for the second time and I’m in “wait and see” mode, noting that last time it took several months to recur. Hopefully that’s fixed it, but we’ll see.
« Last post by Skyrider on August 14, 2018, 10:59:30 PM »
for you guys which had the mount replaced,  and if still have problem. Try and tighten the exhaust system.

Nothing new under the sun, my 1960s mini had a clunky exhaust due to engine movement. In fact you could get a bracing strut kit to attach the cylinder head to the bulkhead.

And you can still get them, maybe you will be able to get them for a Jazz in 50odd years. :-)

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Engine/Stabilisers_mounts/Stabilisers/MSSK1300.aspx?100201&ReturnUrl=/shop/classic/engine/stabilisers~mounts.aspx|Back%20to%20shop
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Rear Speakers
« Last post by rmflom on August 14, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »
Hi, I recently got a Jazz 2009 Elegance if i'm not mistaken, and I realized it doesn't have rear speakers, but it has the speakers covers, i know its rather common that some base model cars don't get fitted with rear speakers, I was just wondering if I take the panel off, if there will be cabling there, and if fitting some new speakers there will be easy?
I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but i couldn't find anything on this topic

Best Regards

Rodrigo Marques
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: bluetooth connectivity
« Last post by PJD on August 14, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
Having been told by Honda UK that the issue of my Bluetooth not working is my problem and mine alone, I have now solved the Bluetooth connectivity issue.

Tesco's petrol stations are selling a Bluetooth hands free kit which fits to the sun visor at £19.99 is an absolute bargain, perhaps Honda should give one away free with every 2018 Jazz Sport Navi. Certainly better than paying over £18 k for something that only works when it feels like it. If Tesco's device doesn't work then its only £20 down the drain very much cheaper than trying to buy a 2015 compatible mobile phone, only ones I can find are aging I Phones at £300 plus or second hand refurbished models

Well done Honda UK for your fantastic customer service, whatever happened to the customer comes first:- ok as long as they don't want to call you on their mobile phone.

Thanks guys for all the advice, I give up Honda wins.

« Last post by Twd99 on August 14, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
Hi Posters,

I had mine fixed recently with the same problem as you all described.

I had the noise replicated when the mechanic was sitting in the passenger seat. He asked me to apply gas and the back of and the apply gas. Basically the noise and judder noise was repeatedly reproducible. Then mechanic says it  is the exhaust system may be loose. He took the car onto the ramp and tightened something. He then says I also need a new gearbox mount.
But when I drive the car home the noise has gone. To me it is a loose exhaust system that he has tightened. The following weeks I also had the mount replaced. Noise has not returned...

So for you guys which had the mount replaced,  and if still have problem. Try and tighten the exhaust system.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / 55 Plate - Over/Under Steer
« Last post by jazzycar on August 14, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »
We have just aquired a 55 plate Jazz 1.4SE for the Mrs to learn in. Obviously its an older car but its low mileage as the old guy had it from new with full service history which doesn't show anything major done.

The symptoms are general steering its like the car carries on going the way you turn even after your turning the other way, its not massive but its enough to make you think something isn't quite right somewhere as you often panic is turning back too much to correct, then as a consequence you have the same happening on the other side! The Mrs nearly hit a post box on the right side of the road whilst turning right the other night, its probably a bit of her lack of driving experience but also this issue. I've never driven a Jazz before but surely this kind of thing isn't right and not good if she's learning in it. Its just passed its MOT with no issues, so wondering what I could check before I whack it into Honda for a check up.

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Omex limiters
« Last post by Jocko on August 14, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
The exception that proves the rule!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: bluetooth connectivity
« Last post by Downsizer on August 14, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
I know that is an official government page but that is not what some Chief Constables are saying, or the AA for that matter.  Good luck in court.
As well as the specific offence of using a phone, there is still an offence of driving without due care and attention.  One of several indicators is carrying out other tasks while driving.  It's a matter of degree of loss of attention, but I was a magistrate long before the specific phone offence was introduced, and we sometimes found a phone user guilty, depending on all the circumstances.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Omex limiters
« Last post by trebor1652 on August 14, 2018, 06:06:37 PM »
Hey Jocko
I may be boring
I may be old
and I may be a fart
But I'm not a boring old fart.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything