Author Topic: WLTP fuel figures and CVT  (Read 5005 times)

guest4871

Re: WLTP fuel figures and CVT
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
Today I did a lot of driving. 7 miles in fact! On the days I visit my mother-in-law we do 80 miles, but that is only twice a week. Most days I do no more than 2 miles. Many days the car never comes out the garage. It is amazing how little most people use their cars.

The figure 90% seems to jog a memory. The average car is sitting in its garage, drive or parking spot for 90% of its life.
Just done a back of the envelope calculation for me and I reckon my car is idle for 98% of the time!!!

98% unused is quite normal!!!

You could be right. Just thinking of my daughter who reckons she spends 2 hours a day in her car and that's probably more than most and even that works out to 92% idle!

Yep. Sounds right. I think the "average" car spends +/- 95% of its time sitting idle doing nothing.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »

Yep. Sounds right. I think the "average" car spends +/- 95% of its time sitting idle doing nothing.

Just as well, because if too many cars are on the road at once nobody goes anywhere.......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2020, 08:38:49 PM »
Just as well, because if too many cars are on the road at once nobody goes anywhere.......
That's the trouble with rush hour and Bank Holidays. Everyone wants to take their car out at the same time.

Tags: