Author Topic: Creak from steering rack/column 2016 Jazz  (Read 780 times)

Ed the Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S 1.3 CVT
Creak from steering rack/column 2016 Jazz
« on: April 12, 2020, 10:07:40 PM »
Due to hand op have not driven my 2016 Jazz CVT for 3 months. Started it up today, no problem, and moved it up and down drive to clear the discs. I noticed a creak come from the steering, sounds as though it is behind the foot well but could be a bit from the column. Guess either the rack and or column has dried out due to lac of use and warm weather. Any ideas how to lubricate the rack/column to cure this. Due to lack of workshop manual being available for this year (electric assistance)don't know where to look....or is it a replacement job?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Creak from steering rack/column 2016 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »
Bad things happen to cars that do not get used regularly and your creak is probably just a symptom of lack of use ( due to hand operation and now lockdown ).  Ignore it for now and when you start using car properly again it will undoubtedly go away on its own...  no need to add any lubrication.  If possible take it for a short ( maybe 10 miles ) local drive to give everything a workout.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ed the Jazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S 1.3 CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »
Had that thought at the back of my mind. Will suck it and see when I can drive again.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 01:59:56 PM »
First drive out in the rain and it will be back to normal. I have given up worrying about creaks, rattles and groans from my Mk 1. They come and go in no particular order!

Tags:

anything