Author Topic: NEW MEMBER RE JAZZ SPORT  (Read 2113 times)

guest7675

NEW MEMBER RE JAZZ SPORT
« on: May 05, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
Hi i am getting a honda jazz sport cvt is it worth having the navi in this model.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
Re: NEW MEMBER RE JAZZ SPORT
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
Well I got he Nav on my Sport. Its nice having it integrated in the main display but expensive. You can hook your mobile to your Jazz for sat nav. The other point is that the on board Sat nav does not include speed camera warnings.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Fell Viper

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
I’d personally always avoid a dash mounted  nav. Thieves have been using them to find out where you live and then call around knowing you’re out at work!

I use Waze, it’s a free app for either type of phone it’s never let me down and it’s had some punishing use! 😀

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:51:56 PM »
Well I got he Nav on my Sport. Its nice having it integrated in the main display but expensive. You can hook your mobile to your Jazz for sat nav. The other point is that the on board Sat nav does not include speed camera warnings.

I wonder if this Nav update would work on the jazz?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-%5B9g%5D/360978-how-install-speed-camera-alerts-honda-connect-garmin-navigation.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:58:43 PM by Barcam »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
I’d personally always avoid a dash mounted  nav. Thieves have been using them to find out where you live and then call around knowing you’re out at work!

I use Waze, it’s a free app for either type of phone it’s never let me down and it’s had some punishing use! 😀

Can you use a PIN number with inbuilt satnav ?  I use one on my Garmin stand alone units and unless you are within 50 metres of 'home'  you need to enter PIN to unlock the satnav unit, this was done for exact reason to stop anyone stealing unit using it to find your house. May be difficult if everything bundled into infotainment system, but is your phone contact list kept on car system or only there when you mate a Bluetooth phone to it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:42:19 AM »
I never put my home address into a SatNav.   I use the address of a shop about half a mile away as "Home".

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 06:42:29 AM »
I never put my home address into a SatNav.   I use the address of a shop about half a mile away as "Home".

+1

Tags: