Author Topic: Honda Fit hybrid 2011 gets flat battery after rain  (Read 2722 times)

daniela.cambedda

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: fit
Honda Fit hybrid 2011 gets flat battery after rain
« on: October 15, 2023, 06:14:58 PM »
hi everybody, I'm new here and I'm in desperate need of some advice.
I've been the owner of and Honda Fit 2011 (imported from Japan) for about one and a half years.
I bought six months ago a YUASA HJ-S34B20L for hybrid vehicles.
A few days ago, after two days of rain, I went to switch on the car, but the battery was flat.
In the past, we have blamed the battery, but now it's the right battery. both the car electrician and my usual mechanic say there are no unusual drains in the car system.
When the battery was removed the other day, the connectors felt kind of damp.
I've been doing some research and it might be that the moisture is causing an intermittent electrical short, draining the power of the battery.
is there any weak spot in this kind of car that should be checked first?
Every advice would be highly appreciated

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Honda Fit hybrid 2011 gets flat battery after rain
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 10:19:30 AM »
You need to have the charging circuit voltages checked. And  possibly all earths loosened, cleaned and retightened.

These are basic tests before you can identify any cause. With a hybrid, a Honda dealer with hybrid expertise may be preferable.

daniela.cambedda

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: fit
Re: Honda Fit hybrid 2011 gets flat battery after rain
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer. I have the car booked for check with the local Honda garage for next week.
today I went to put the battery back in the car after it ran flat once again (it has been raining a lot lately..) and I've found a lot of wetness everywhere under the bonnet.

Tags:

anything