Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Thought I'd update the thread. So I went to a recommended garage and they weren't concerned over anything really, but then that could be turning business away so take that with a pinch of salt. They didn't have any exact tyres and ordered a tyre called Michelin Primacy 4 Outside Total Performance and swapped it for the punctured low thread front left. After driving throughout the winter I've not noticed any difference, but then the advice on the thread has already pointed out the potential problems.

One thing though. I'd had a previous issue with the car tyre deflation warning constantly going off and that eventually stopped. But now after the tyre change it's now back to every long trip.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Marco1979 on March 24, 2024, 07:55:58 AM »
Even Max Verstappen experienced a braking problem! So now there will be more attention :P
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: EV Battery life.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 24, 2024, 07:11:02 AM »
I'm not one of the original pioneers, my car was delivered in october 2021.  I've not yet noticed any deterioration in the battery , but there again  I no longer pay as much attention to the  battery bars as I once did  . I just let the car get on with delivering its magic.

The Sanguine Voltermore  thinks that although the battery might  deteriorate to some extent in time a Hybrid will still be  a useable car. Unlike a full EV.    It might rely more on its ICE and so  petrol consumption may increase .

One of the lesser known predictions of my ancestor  Nostradamus Voltemore was that in 2035 owners of 15 year old Mk4's will be lamenting on the forum that its mpg is not as good as they were getting in the early 2020's  but its still sought after by generation X people with 'automatic only' driving licences.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: specifications
« Last post by Kremmen on March 24, 2024, 04:49:09 AM »
The cars I've seen with built in or optional dashcams have been poor quality 1080p jobs, at best, with low bitrates with unknown sensors

Trying to read number plates of oncoming vehicles except at crawling speeds is almost impossible

My Viofo A119 V3 captures most details with good clarity and the latest Viofo models seem even better
« Last post by ColinB on March 23, 2024, 09:52:15 PM »
Dash-cam would have been nice as standard equipment even better front and rear would maybe put the roundabout shunters off from making a false claim.
Good point: The cameras are built in so all that's needed is a memory card slot.

Has been discussed before. Problem is that in some countries dashcams are not legal.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: EV Battery life.
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 23, 2024, 09:39:05 PM »
Doesn't the handbook mention that the battery will periodically recalibrate itself? I expect it will apply the same 10 bar scale to whatever capacity is remaining. However, I think that the system is designed to avoid using the extremes of the potential charge range where most of the wear on the chemistry occurs. The overall size of the battery pack is large considering that the rated capacity is less than 1kWh which, I think, supports my assumption that the cells aren't worked anywhere near their limits. Add on to that the normal operating range being 3 bars to 7 bars (30 to 70%?) with occasionally going down to 2 bars or up to 10 bars then the wear should be minimal.
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 23, 2024, 09:14:50 PM »
Dash-cam would have been nice as standard equipment even better front and rear would maybe put the roundabout shunters off from making a false claim.
Good point: The cameras are built in so all that's needed is a memory card slot.
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 23, 2024, 09:13:36 PM »
I miss the auto-folding mirrors that Honda left off my HR-V. Fortunately I have the reversing camera and heated seats. I don't want tinted glass on the back windows as it increases the risk of motion sickness for any rear seat passengers. It would be nice to have parking sensors which showed the distance (inches/or cm) but I don't know if anyone offers that feature. Then there's the matter of having proper knobs and buttons for controlling the heating/ventilation. And I'll vote for small wheels with high profile tyres that can absorb the impact from the potholes.
« Last post by JB on March 23, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »
« Last post by 5thcivic on March 23, 2024, 08:12:03 PM »
Good point, I always get door protectors, and wish they would integrate them more into designs to make them less obvious but really practical. Not our Jazz, but most SUVs that dominate the market are bigger and bigger, with public parking smaller and smaller in comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]