Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14562 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2020, 10:40:43 AM »
And I can add that I see no change in the behaviour in the my Honda+ app. It still reports that my car is outside my house although the most recent journey was going somewhere else. It must have come home on the back of a truck without me noticing. :D
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
I wonder what they've done because my old school MyHonda OBD dongle is still working AOK.
Let's be careful out there !

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2020, 02:44:11 PM »
MyHonda and MyHonda+ are two totally different apps. MyHonda+ only works on the Honda E and Jazz/Crosstar eHEV.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:57:59 PM by BigRon »

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »
Finally received a reply from HCS regarding MyHonda+ subscription dates, see the reply below.

The information you have been provided with is correct, the ‘core connectivity’ subscription is available and valid for a longer period of time as opposed to the ‘Safety & Journey’ subscription. I have been advised this is the length of the subscription service, however I am unable to comment or advise the specific reasons for this.

I am not sure they fully understood my question, so I have sent the following reply.

Why does the MyHonda+ 'Core Connectivity' and 'Safety & Journey' subscriptions start on 18th August 2020 (registration date) and not 29th September 2020 (app activation) or 21st September 2020 (TCU activation date)?

I had also complained about the number of visits I had to make to my dealership to get the TCU set to normal (on), have been offered £150 dealership credit as an apology. It can be used for servicing, accessories or repairs.

So it does go to show it's worthwhile perserving.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2020, 09:45:15 AM »
I think the free year should start from when the connectivity + app are working properly. The fuel consumption still shows as mph while the app still doesn't report my car's last journey.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »
There has been an update it's now version 4.14.3, doesn't seem to have done much. I've had no problems with reporting journeys but has never given a driving score and is now reporting all doors unlocked when in fact they are locked.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »
It looks to me that Honda Plus is Honda Minus. It appears that the software was developed by the team the NHS use. I think charging a subscription until it is bug free is a disgrace.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2020, 08:09:57 PM »
Just received a reply from Sophie Woodman HCS.

The subscriptions start from date of delivery and not date of app activation it would be down to the dealership to register the vehicle 24 hours before delivery as the app should be activated during handover at the dealership.

Replied outling the issues with getting the TCU working in August/September and including a copy of an email sent to her on 30th September advising that the TCU  was not turned on until 21st September.

guest9814

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »
Tried to register my car VIN to get things working.
When support team understand that i`m not from Europe  i get message that this not work in my Country, that sad
we have mobile internet and eCall in our Jazz connects to network, but this service not reach my Country
From that i can understand that our dealer simple not paid for this service or not want to register cars on Honda server ( does this cost money ?)

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2020, 04:31:28 PM »
It may not be your dealer it's more likely to be Honda Israel.

e.g. The Honda UK HRV unlocking driver's door unlocks all doors and tailgate but the Honda USA HRV unlocking driver's door only unlocks the driver's door.

guest9814

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2020, 09:58:47 AM »
It may not be your dealer it's more likely to be Honda Israel.

e.g. The Honda UK HRV unlocking driver's door unlocks all doors and tailgate but the Honda USA HRV unlocking driver's door only unlocks the driver's door.

Mayer`s  are importer  and  official dealer of Honda in Israel, for many years they have monopoly, they trimming from car spec parts to lover price for themselves, so thay can get more profit. Then they add some cheapo chinese parts for buyer satisfaction.
There also several small companies that importing European and USA Honda models (Insight, USA  Accord Hybrid, USA Civic, Odisey) but not Jazz.

Lurch

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Mk4 Jazz EX Hybrid
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2021, 06:53:27 PM »
Has anyone actually managed to get the built in e-sim on their Honda Jazz enabled.  Been to the dealership twice now and both times they have failed to get it activated for the MyHonda+ service.  Apparently it relies on both a Wifi connection and a signal over the radio waves and it is the said radio wave part of it that is causing activation problem as in no signal detected or so I am told.  Have called another dealership and they have reported similar problems too.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2021, 07:01:07 PM »
My dealer managed to get my eSIM activated in September without difficult once they had figured out how to do it. However, while it worked OK for about a month and I could study individual journey details after I got home, the Honda app still reports that my last journey was to a friend about 40 miles away and the fuel tank is nearly empty. However, the app also correctly shows that my car is parked outside my house. Attempts to do something like unlock the car using the app result in an error message. I need to complain to Honda again.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2021, 07:14:22 PM »
Oh how I wish I'd read this thread before signing up for Honda +.

After entering entering the PIN and pairing the app with my vehicle I selected the free packages available and tried to complete the last step in the process.

However, it gave an error and, this is the real bummer, I'm convinced the app caused the TCU to be turned off!!

What's worse, the infotainment screen then said "erasing" and failed to boot up properly afterwards.

It's now come back, but TCU is definitely off. And I know it was on when I received the car as the dealer confirmed it had been enabled (as we talked about the Honda+ service)

In other words, here we have an app which is not fit for purpose and has the undesired effect of killing part of the vehicle's set-up remotely. God only knows what hackers could do!

And I've only had the car 24 hrs. Great :-(

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2021, 09:03:03 PM »
Since taking the car back to the dealer to have the service enabled I've had no problems with the Honda+ app. I opted to pay for the chargeable components but cannot now remember what they are supposed to do for me.
Neil Ives

Tags: