Author Topic: Honda jazz 2017 ex cvt battery replacement  (Read 23972 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Honda jazz 2017 ex cvt battery replacement
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2023, 04:47:03 PM »
Hi what i dont understand is what is the difference between the battery from cox and the yuasa 7053? Are they the same because the Honda one is more expensiclve and I have  seen the 7053 for around £90. Thank you
They should be the same battery with different labels. Hardly Yuasa will product two batteries for the same car, one OEM branded and the other YUASA branded.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2023, 04:50:47 PM »
I have a Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT, 2017 Mk3.
The 12v battery has a rather anonymous label 'LB505' adjacent to which is 'YM' in a circle which I guess means it was made by Yuasa?
@jazzaro
Can you consider adding to your list - BEFORE YOU DO - the Auto Idle Stop Start function has failed to work for approx. 9 months!! - perhaps LB505 is wrong for my vehicle!!
Thanks, but there are no infos about it, better, I wasn't able to find them

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2023, 02:32:40 AM »
https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/?gclid=CjwKCAjwsKqoBhBPEiwALrrqiEBqdTpbq98K87YKlC1yaPSMfthr4dpM9lO-IdYhUa-jSsODbDYEmxoCqncQAvD_BwE
As far I can see, none of listed batteries by Tanya is good for start and stop, the only matching parameter is size.
Jazz GK series wants one of the following EFB battery:

Yuasa YBX7053
MIDAC Itineris EFB JIS IT55J EFB
FIAMM ECOFORCE AFB TRN45
Banner 55515
Napa AFB158N
Enduroline 048EFB

Maybe there are some other models fitting in the slot, I don't know, would be great adding them to this post.
Using a non EFB or AFB battery (AGM or standard lead-acid) will affect the battery lifespan.

Thanks for this really useful post, I'm also in need of a new battery. Can I just check with you if the above batteries are suitable for my car as well? We have a 2018 MK3 1.5L Sport. I'm not sure if the 1.5 Sport requires a different battery. Also, do you need to register or code the battery when replacing it or is it a straight swap as you do with a normal battery?

Thank you!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2023, 01:37:54 PM »
Just go into the Tanya site and enter your reg.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2023, 01:48:02 PM »
https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/?gclid=CjwKCAjwsKqoBhBPEiwALrrqiEBqdTpbq98K87YKlC1yaPSMfthr4dpM9lO-IdYhUa-jSsODbDYEmxoCqncQAvD_BwE
As far I can see, none of listed batteries by Tanya is good for start and stop, the only matching parameter is size.
Jazz GK series wants one of the following EFB battery:

Yuasa YBX7053
MIDAC Itineris EFB JIS IT55J EFB
FIAMM ECOFORCE AFB TRN45
Banner 55515
Napa AFB158N
Enduroline 048EFB

Maybe there are some other models fitting in the slot, I don't know, would be great adding them to this post.
Using a non EFB or AFB battery (AGM or standard lead-acid) will affect the battery lifespan.

Thanks for this really useful post, I'm also in need of a new battery. Can I just check with you if the above batteries are suitable for my car as well? We have a 2018 MK3 1.5L Sport. I'm not sure if the 1.5 Sport requires a different battery. Also, do you need to register or code the battery when replacing it or is it a straight swap as you do with a normal battery?

Thank you!

The battery swap is just that, nothing else to do. I strongly recommend you contact Cox for a genuine Honda (Yuasa) replacement for the same price as you can buy one from Tanya or anywhere else for that matter. Just telephone them give them your registration number and you’ll get the battery the next day.

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 03:51:10 PM »
The 12v battery has a rather anonymous label 'LB505' adjacent to which is 'YM' in a circle which I guess means it was made by Yuasa?
@jazzaro
Can you consider adding to your list - BEFORE YOU DO - the Auto Idle Stop Start function has failed to work for approx. 9 months!! - perhaps LB505 is wrong for my vehicle!!
Thanks, but there are no infos about it, better, I wasn't able to find them
Hmmmm! looks like the LB number refers to the sticky label rather than the battery type ! :-(
It is a Yuasa though.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »

Thank you!
1.5 Sport and 1.3 trims have the same battery, so all battery models written above are ok for all EUDM GK series Jazz.
I forgot to write the OEM number, 31500-T4P-U01 replaced by 31500-T5A-G11
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 08:40:20 AM by jazzaro »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2023, 07:49:48 PM »
Another useful tip, read the tech note posted here about HOW TO CONNECT a battery charger on a car with start and stop.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10836.msg76289#msg76289

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2023, 09:05:56 AM »
@jazzaro
Checked, LB505 is one label attached over the OEM Yuasa battery, so LB505 is ok for our vehicle.

kindofblue

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2023, 08:14:20 PM »

In my experience the car will just refuse to stop/start anyway which will likely have little impact on battery lifespan of the incorrect battery.

kb101

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ 1.3 SE CVT - 67
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 05:37:47 PM »
I found this page and (site) whilst looking for the model number of the battery on my 2017 1.3 CVT.

My battery (original from new) cranks fine but since last week no longer does start/stop and is showing 12.59v on the meter after a charge so I decided to get a replacement just in case it dies on me now that the weather is getting colder.

Ended up buying an original YUASA from "YMF Car Parts" online for £86.60. I was a bit apprehensive since it was about £40 cheaper than COX which seemed too good to be true but it it arrived today in two days directly from YUASA Swindon via UPS.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a new battery and looking to save a few quid.

Paimei26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 66 Ex CVT 1.3 (2017)
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2023, 11:08:43 PM »
I found this page and (site) whilst looking for the model number of the battery on my 2017 1.3 CVT.

My battery (original from new) cranks fine but since last week no longer does start/stop and is showing 12.59v on the meter after a charge so I decided to get a replacement just in case it dies on me now that the weather is getting colder.

Ended up buying an original YUASA from "YMF Car Parts" online for £86.60. I was a bit apprehensive since it was about £40 cheaper than COX which seemed too good to be true but it it arrived today in two days directly from YUASA Swindon via UPS.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a new battery and looking to save a few quid.

Thanks I was concerned about ordering from them and also the fact how would I return it if it wasnt the same as factory fitted Honda. Is the battery fine for you so  far?

kb101

• Registered Member
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2023, 12:08:32 AM »

Thanks I was concerned about ordering from them and also the fact how would I return it if it wasnt the same as factory fitted Honda. Is the battery fine for you so  far?

I haven't fitted it yet as it was delivered in the evening and I am giving it a charge overnight. I will see if I can install it tomorrow if it stops raining but I can't see there being any problems as by all indications it's the correct battery.

The battery itself isn't 100% identical to the OEM version, it's all black for a start, has a handle and charge indicator however there is no fluid level indicator or caps to add water to the cells (maintenance free).  According to the delivery note country of origin is Japan.  The thing that impressed me the most though is how well the battery was packaged.

One interesting side note is that the Cox battery comes with 3 years unlimited millage warrentee, the YMF site states 4 years or 48K miles whilst the Yuasa 7000 series batteries sold by halfords come with five years.

kb101

• Registered Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2023, 12:32:25 PM »
As an update, I installed the battery today - just needs a no 10 spanner and about ten minutes.  Only drama was went for a test drive and start-stop still did n't work after a few traffic light testsso pulled over to one side, stopped and re-started the engine and at next set of traffic lights was working again so I guess it just needs to determine the state of the battery when everything is reset.

kb101

• Registered Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2023, 02:05:38 PM »
Hi what i dont understand is what is the difference between the battery from cox and the yuasa 7053? Are they the same because the Honda one is more expensiclve and I have  seen the 7053 for around £90. Thank you
They should be the same battery with different labels. Hardly Yuasa will product two batteries for the same car, one OEM branded and the other YUASA branded.
The battery I purchased does seem to be a completely different battery. Looking at the OEM one I removed, it is rated for 370A where as the branded one is rated for 450A.  One other signifcant difference is the terminals are thinner than the original and the battery came with rings to bring it up to the correct size.

Tags: