Author Topic: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020  (Read 266809 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »
Is there a Menu setting to disable RDMS? It is really annoying in town when driving past bus stop box lines on the road.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2021, 12:01:54 PM »
When I turn my LKAS off, it stays off. I have to turn mine on when I want it working.
RDMS does indeed turn on when car is started.
Sorry for any confusion.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:38:36 PM by stiggysawdust »
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2021, 02:03:45 PM »
When I turn mine off, it stays off. I have to turn mine on when I want it working.

I think there might be some confusion between RDMS which is automatically turned on every time the power system is turned on, and LKAS which can be turned on/off by its switch.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
Bit confused by this. What does RDMS do and what does LKS do that is different?

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: e:HEV
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »
When I turn mine off, it stays off. I have to turn mine on when I want it working
Strange: the user manual states it automatically turns on every time you turn the véhicule on (page 482)

And that match my experience.

**edit**

Sorry, I didn't noticed this had already been replied two post above.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:41:27 PM by CoolRaoul »

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
Bit confused by this. What does RDMS do and what does LKS do that is different?
RDMS automatically steers the car back over the line if you go over it, while warning you about departing your lane.
LKAS is a useful feature that automatically steers within the lane, keeping you central. I use LKAS every journey and barely steer at all, letting the car steer for me (while also accelerating and braking for me, using ACC)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2021, 05:55:44 PM »
Several others have reported that LKAS is dangerous on country roads and in towns because it is too sensitive and can steer the car into danger - meeting a combine harvester on a country lane for example where you want to keep extremely close to the hedge but it forces you into the path of the harvester!

guest9814

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2021, 01:35:18 PM »
I think that RDMS is the problem not the LKAS
And in car setting we have control of it`s sensitivity(Near, Normal, Far) if i not wrong
i remember that i set this to near and RDMS stears every second and because of our road quality after several atempts simple shutting down this function temporarely.
If this annoing there is 2 options
every tyme system power on push button with vehicle pictogramm in circle then disable RDMS from steering well
or changing in car settings sensitivity to Far from near or normal.

guest9814

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »

As a reference but in our system less setings for RDMS

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2021, 12:37:13 AM »
My understanding is that if a turn signal is on, RDMS will not activate as it assumes you’re making a lane change, so perhaps signal when passing cyclists/tractors etc.

But yes, I agree it is half baked. A feature like this should either be elective (permanent off switch) or have awareness of objects as well as the lines.

LKAS on the other hand is excellent, as with most such systems these days.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2021, 03:50:40 AM »
I think, like a lot of drivers here it seems, that I would rather make my own decisions.

For example I often drive at 'stupid o'clock' and if I have no vehicles behind me on the motorway and I pull out to overtake I don't indicate because there is no one to tell. The last thing I want is the car beeping away, vibrating the steering wheel or trying to keep me in lane.

I'm going to need a printed pre-flight checklist. I know from Civinfo that a lot turn off something to do with the handbrake system before setting out.

My Civic is due for service in a month and my intention was to take a Crosstar out on a test but I wonder if that's now possible with full lockdown.
Let's be careful out there !

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
It’s been years since those of us with IAM qualifications passed their test - mine was back in 2007 for example - so things have probably changed with technology.

The fact is that cars now enforce turn signal use when changing lane, so I signal.

I think the point about checklists is valid though. My MG eZS had a bit of a process to switch on the limiter on start. Thankfully that’s easy on the Jazz (just hit RES) but I find switching between ACC and limiter a bit of a faff after joining or leaving a motorway:

Joining:
LIM until ACC indicator shows
Shift to D
Accelerate to speed then hit SET
LKAS ON

Leaving:
Brake tap to cancel ACC
LKAS OFF
Shift to B
LIM to limiter
RES to set limiter to previous ACC speed
Adjust limiter to minor road speed

In my Tesla, it was:

AP ON

AP OFF

;) I’m a software developer and flight sim Youtuber, so I like to think I’m familiar with such procedures, but if I find it a hassle I wonder how “normal people” deal with it?

I did teach my old man to use ACC, though. Not the limiter or LKAS mind, so it was a much easier process of “press SET at 70 then just tap brake to disengage”.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:47:19 PM by TiJazz »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2021, 12:15:55 PM »
My IAM was back in 1982, 5 years after my double deck PSV licence, taken at Chiswick under Police examiners.

I don't remember being told to indicate or not after an overtake because I don't remember overtaking in an old RT bus.  :)

We were taught to stick to the nearside (your bread & butter side) at all times where possible.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:20:37 PM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »
On that note, it’s interesting that the LKAS on Jazz favours the near side of the lane. Most other systems favour the offside as they are built for LHD markets and the software isn’t adjusted for RHD. Being a Japanese car, the Jazz is naturally designed for RHD.

gregoz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2021
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2021, 01:49:29 PM »
Waiting for tech specs..

Fuel consumption will be interesting given the new hybrid set up. My Mk3 is not great on fuel consumption although that is mostly down to short stop/start journeys in cold wet weather. I haven't seen 50 mpg as a long term average since my VW Golf TDI and that was a 2005 model.

I know one or two people who have the hybrid Yaris and that gets significantly better mpg than the Jazz in the urban environment. On the open road, much less so.

I'd be interested in a Mk4.

Hi Everyone, and welcome to the forum. This is what I will check first. So far 35 miles on the dashboard in total so I can't say anything. I will be updating…

Tags: news jazz