Author Topic: Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread  (Read 120974 times)

guest3049

Re: Garyman's GE6 Jazz- J's Racing/Mugen-ised - page 3
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:34 AM »
I love your car Gary!

It's sooo cool!

guest3174

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
i really like that, good work !

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »
So......

Since I had the Buddyclub short shifter installed, I havent been able to use the locking nut to position the DC2 gear knob properly.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been able to tighten the knob so it now sit straight in the the numbers are all horizontal.

However, I managed to get my hands on the following:

Before (DC2 gear knob- notice how much of the thread of the shifter you can see)

After

Spoon Titanium gear knob  8)

I had one on my EP3 which I should have kept (along with a whole load of mods but I dont want to go there as I still feel a bit miffed lol)

Anyways, for some bizzare reason, I can actually feel the short shifting a lot better now with the Spoon knob but as you may gather from the pics, its slightly lower down which feels a bit weird for me atm but I'm sure I'll get use to it.

guest3040

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
Looks good Gary! ;)
Is the titanium knob much lighter than your DC2 knob?

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 02:48:38 PM »
The Spoon is only 35g- much lighter than the DC2 one by a mile!

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »
Small update

Spoon shorty antenna so I dont hit my OEM antenna whenever I open the boot

Before (boot down)

After

Before (boot up)

After

chrisr111

• Approved Member
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
What's the radio reception like now Gary?

I had a Spoon short aerial on my first Jazz and the reception was rubbish.

Chris.

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »
Reception was fine for the first couple of days but since we had the recent bad weather, its a little hit and miss but generally speaking, I would say its fine.

When's your updates coming Chris??  :P

chrisr111

• Approved Member
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Will try and take some pics this week for you ;)

Chris.

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
4th service and 2nd MOT carried out yesterday at my local Honda dealer.

My car lasted until then to get the brake pads changed after my track day at Croft back in July lol

However, needed front and rear brake pads changing but as the rear was very corroded (apparently), they recommend I change them so final bill came to £360 after discount.

Relatively cheaper than usual as I took out the 5 yr servicing plan but rough breakdown are as follows:

Front pads- £60
Rear disc and pads- £250
MOT - £35

Looking at the prices of the parts online, it looks inline so was relatively happy with the price from a main dealer.

guest3855

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:19 PM »
Fantastic my friend, looking great

xo_edmond

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: GD1 And GG6
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thought I'll re-do my thread with some progress I've made.

So, I purchased a GE6 Jazz 1.4ES in Cerulean Blue with OEM rear roof spolier in March 2009.

I thought the ride height was too high so decided to lower it with some Eibach springs. I had some Eibach on my EP3 Civic Type R and they were really good for my needs so that was my reason to stick with Eibach.

Lowered on Eibach

I was looking around the internet and found J's Racing had a really nice front lip spolier for their Jazz and looked into getting one. However, my research found that their lip spoiler were only for the GE8, and that it would not fit our GE6.

I was able to find a supplier in Singapore who did replica ones so went ahead and ordered it. I reckon its the only one in the UK

Replica J's Racing front lip spoiler

I have some recaro's from a Evo8 MR320 sitting in the garage since summer but been waiting for the Yen to get better before ordering some Bride RO seat rails to get these installed. Been waiting and waiting and in the end, decided to just bite the bullet and buy them and got them from Touge Distributions : http://www.tougedistribution.com/

They are currently coming over via container so wont arrive into the country til end of May. Was also looking at the J's Racing front strut bar and should have ordered that at the same time but didnt- but a few weeks later, i remembered one of my 2 year ficed rate bonds were maturing so thought s0d it and ordered the strut bar as well- but this wont arrive in the country til June.

Anyways, as I was on a spending spree, I thought I may as well carry on  :-[ :D

Changed the gear knob

Before

After

Its the titanium gear knob from a DC2 Integra Type R which the previous owner had polished to give it the Spoon Titanium blue finish.

Its quite a heavy knob but its really transformed the gear change and theres a nice feel to it now- totally love it!

J's Racing Oil cap in blue

J's Racing rad cap

05/05/10

Mugen pedals

Clutch pedal seems slightly off so will see how I get on but most likely redo them when I get a chance. Heel and toe is pretty good fun now  :P

24/7/10

J's Racing front strut bar

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!). Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate (mechanic) who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Also tried to fit the recaros but encountered major problems taking the seat off the original (Evo) subframe so will have to wait a couple more weeks til we both have time off work to tackle it again.

6/10/10

Recaro finally in (on Bride rails)  8)

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

11/10/10

K&N panel filter

I bought the K&N after reading about it from another member on the forum and thought I'd give it a try and managed to get it for £30-£35 after some forum discount on another forum that I'm on.

Slightly more induction noise as expected but not too loud, but have noticed slight more torque.

03/11/11

Quick pic just taken

New addition are Mugen side skirts and rear lip bumper plus Spoon N1 backbox.

Was never too  keen on the N1 on the EP3s but I "needed" a backbox to compliment the Mugen rear lip as it has an exhaust mould so it would look silly imo if there was no exhaust pipe coming out.

The N1 is what I remember it being on an EP3 so not sure if I like that much rumbling/noise and no doubt the missus will complain when we go out in it this weekend.

22/05/12

New pedals- offical Honda sport pedals

Replaced badge on steering wheel (sticker)

29/06/12

Buddyclub short shifter

and the oem one

More pics can be found here

Thanks for reading and comments welcome

Gary

Good looking jazz... I have the 10 plate jazz too ! Could u tell me where u buy the front strut and how much for that .?

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
I purchased the J's Racing front strut bar from Touge Distribution as per the thread but cant remember exactly how much it was as it was some time ago now but think it was about £150?

Actually- looking at some records I've kept, the strut and Bride rails totalled £250.

If you are interested in getting a strut bar, I can recommend Matt from Injection Import- think hes actually on the Commercial Forum as Matt@ Touge but its actually now Injection Import- I believe they bought the UK arm of Touge Distribution when things went pear shape

HTH

Gary

guest2928

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »
Gary, really great job you've done - keep up the good work.
When you say the steering wheel badge is just a red sticker, where did you get this from?

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
Yes its just a sticker.

I got it from DecalDude on Fitfreak forum but I believe hes no longer in business  :(

I also got my front and rear red "H" badge from him as well.

Yet to fit the rear yet as I dont want to just rip off the original but gaining access to that it really difficult so I might end up just ripping it off- probs do this towards Spring/ Summer when the weather improves.

Tags:

anything