Author Topic: 6 yr service cost?  (Read 23274 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 6 yr service cost?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »
i've never heard of the fuel filter being replaced
thanks for saying the gearbox oil is 8 years as i couldn't find anything on it just like the fuel filter

fuel filter on the pump is a lifetime filter
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »
i've never heard of the fuel filter being replaced
thanks for saying the gearbox oil is 8 years as i couldn't find anything on it just like the fuel filter

fuel filter on the pump is a lifetime filter

yeah i thought it was having never heard about replacement maybe his dealer isnt a very good one trying it on like that

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 06:09:17 PM »
According to the service checklist I attached to a post in another thread the manual gearbox oil change is 6 years.

See http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7264.0;attach=2611

2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
on the gearbox i would go on mileage so 75k and i wouldn't bother with the fuel filter

i love the way it says to change brake fluid every 3 years lol

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
According to the service checklist I attached to a post in another thread the manual gearbox oil change is 6 years.

See http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7264.0;attach=2611

...and that has replace fuel filter at 72K (which is 6yrs) too.

However that's the time and distance schedule.  The ones I've had every year are variable servicing (SvRS) ones - and I know from experience on my Merc that variable servicing schedules really thin out the work required.   

The car was on a service plan for 5yrs, so this is the first paid for service.   As it happens, it's simply had an annual service anyway (car has done an amazingly consistent 5K/yr).

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
I've just had a 75K/6yr service at a Honda dealer. It cost £430 including VAT and that included the change of gear box oil, brake fluid and spark plugs plus the usual service items.

Gulp!  Has it actually done 75K, and is the car manual or auto?   I think that's about the right price for the work (the iridium plugs are expensive at dealer prices) but they didn't do you any favours.

Sorry for the late reply. It's a manual and the car had done 75K miles in 5 years. The plugs were more than £20 each.

guest4871

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »
on the gearbox i would go on mileage so 75k and i wouldn't bother with the fuel filter

i love the way it says to change brake fluid every 3 years lol

I think it should be noted from the Service Check List that in a 2012 and later CVT the Transmission Fluid change is every 25,000 miles. Or have I got this wrong? I wonder why this is so much different from the older CVT model?

I would have thought that a change of brake fluid every three years sounded perfectly reasonable. What is so remarkable about it? I have been used to doing a change of brake fluid every two years.

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
Car is going in tomorrow and I just looked back at the paperwork for the first 5 services done under the service plan.

Can't recall noticing this before but the service checklist used seems almost random.  It should have been the SVRS one, although the car has faithfully requested annual servicing.  Some years this is correct but others used the fixed 12,500 schedule.

Last year the dealer used the "Honda 12" schedule.   Pity I didn't think to look at the service code the car was asking for - it doesn't appear to have ever had its air filter changed.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 09:28:57 PM »
I think it should be noted from the Service Check List that in a 2012 and later CVT the Transmission Fluid change is every 25,000 miles. Or have I got this wrong? I wonder why this is so much different from the older CVT model?
Was 2012 when they reintroduced the CVT on the Jazz to replace the i-Shift?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 06:53:33 AM »
Yes they changed to CVT in 2012.

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 09:48:24 AM »
Took both cars in this morning.  "Sorry sir, we don't have any courtesy cars available - will that be a problem?"

"Errr...yes - you've got both our cars in a garage miles from home, and we're supposed to be collecting our daughter and granddaughter on the way home."

We reached the point where the service advisor and I were staring at each other when suddenly another service advisor said the person they were dealing with had declined the courtesy car so one was available.  Hurrah!

I find it pretty bizzare they couldn't rustle up a car and we were made to feel like we were being awkward!

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 11:21:30 AM »
Where has customer service disappeared to these days?

Back in the days before jumbo dealer greenhouses, my dad used to own a Volvo 144 (incidentally the first and last brand new car he ever bought). The dealer was a small 2-car showroom out in the sticks sixteen miles away. When the car was due a service they used to drive over with a car and take my dad's car in for a service and return it at the end of the day.

Now if they could do that in the 1970s... :'(

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
Took both cars in this morning.  "Sorry sir, we don't have any courtesy cars available - will that be a problem?"
I find it pretty bizzare they couldn't rustle up a car and we were made to feel like we were being awkward!

Did you book a courtesy car Rory ?

Vic.

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 07:53:53 PM »

Did you book a courtesy car Rory ?

Errr...yes.  And it was confirmed too.

You're not the first person who has asked that - do people really just turn up and expect a car to be available?

Re the earlier discussion on Breakdown Cover renewal.  Despite asking for it when the car was booked in, it hadn't been done and I had to ask for it again when I picked he car up.  They then generated the necessary paperwork.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »
When we have a Merc, there was a problem getting it sorted at a service and my Mrs was given the Service Managers car overnight. I'm sure the Service Manager could of obliged  ;D

Tags: