Author Topic: Are service books worth the paper they are stamped on?  (Read 6122 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Are service books worth the paper they are stamped on?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 10:29:22 PM »
Reports on good experiences with dealers are just as valuable as bad ones.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
I agree sparkyPaul.

I suppose knowing I've taken mine to a great guy called Tariq doesn't help much - must find out what the business is called.
The previous owner had a good independent too judging for how, with their last stamp at 95k the coolant had been changed.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »
Sadly your  experience is driven by time and greed.

However Honda dealers have the detailed records of all servicing undertaken on file, just ask to see their service records for your car.
This will show what was replaced checked at what date time and the invoice they then claimed by from Honda UK assuming the car came with a service scheme.
I would put your issues in writing not an email asking them to resolve your issues within 7 days.
Have you checked for recalls by using the Honda link here, best to have all that done and enjoy your new Jazz.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html

sparky Paul

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
Have you checked for recalls by using the Honda link here, best to have all that done and enjoy your new Jazz.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html

Yes, I did that and there is a passenger airbag recall outstanding. I get the impression it's a "waiting for parts" situation, so might have a ring round some other Honda dealers.

I have had chance to get a proper look at the filters today. The pollen filter has been changed, and whilst the oil filter is scruffy, I do believe it is a new one. Now I have managed to get a camera down to the filter, I can see that the seam around the base of the filter is bright silver and does look like a new filter. The blue bit still looks scruffy, and even a few rust spots where the paint has been knocked off, but I think it could be from storage. On balance, I think it has been replaced.

To be fair to the dealer, he hasn't once got the hump about being questioned, and has volunteered the paperwork and even the mechanic to explain what work had been done. It hasn't helped that so little is done on the 4 yr service, I would have expected a fairly major service.

So in the end, I'm happy that what has been done is what is supposed to have been done. Thanks again to zzaj for the service check schedule, that helped a lot. The dealer said he was "not allowed" to email a copy of this, but said I could have a look at one if I called in.

Crisis averted, I think, stand down lads. Thanks for all the comments, you have all been very helpful as usual - and keep an eye on those filters when you get your cars back from service!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
Glad hear its looking all OK.

Tags: