Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 03:11:54 PM »
In this situation of a slowish puncture, and you decide to carefully drive on to the next (motorway) services, I had heard that the breakdown companies won’t attend; as they would if you are on the hard shoulder.

I would love to have this possible myth dismantled!

As I have not yet experienced this dire situation far from home yet (fingers crossed!) I cannot tell you about the demeanour of breakdown companies.
My only "slow puncture" so far occured only five miles from home and I was able to go to the tyre shop of my choice and they were like: "What do you want? - Everything looks okay!" - Yes - That's because I inflated the tyre before I drove to you!

Turned out there was a screw in the tyre and they were able to remove it and safely fix the puncture because I didn't apply the gunk.

So, I'm a bit at a loss regarding the "myth" part of your posting - care to clarify?

The “myth” part of my post, was that the services were not classed as the highway for breakdown assist, and a removal truck would be required, (at a cost), for onward travel to a garage for repair.

I await the thoughts of others.
A myth I think.  If you have a breakdown service that would attend attend for a puncture why wouldnt they do so in a service area?  Or would they not attend either if you were  stranded in a town centre car park, rural layby etc .If  so what use are they?   

They will sometimes prioritise those broken down in a vulnerable location or  vulnerable persons, but personaly I'd rather be somewhere safe even if the wait is longer.   You may also be thinking of the 'free recovery' provided by highways agency  to recover vehicles broken down in motorway contraflows etc.  These wouldnt help you at a service area,  or  even if you had a puncture in the contraflow. They would just recover your car to their depot as per their contract.  They wouldnt fix your tyre  - unless you paid them. You'd still have  to arrange  your own tyre repair, maybe by calling the AA etc to the depot..       

Incidentally in some countries this is always the case  on motorways, even if you are on the hard shoulder.
 Only the  officially approved and fully marked  recovery agents are allowed to attend.  They will recover you to their depot (or deal with a quick fix)  but charge you a fee. If you are still in need of assistance and have your own recovery service, they attend the depot and take over.  And probably refund the fee you had to pay the approved agent. 
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by jazzyb88 on Today at 03:10:37 PM »

I’m sure you will be pleased with it, if you have any questions before or during the installation don’t hesitate to ask.

Don’t forget to order the GPS antenna adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks my friend. I added it to the order when I placed it!  ;)

Currently they are also doing a discount of something in the region of 5% with a coupon so seemed like a good offer. They've also brought out a version that has Android 12 which is more expensive, so perhaps this older v10 version will continue to drop in price as time goes on.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by FMIB on Today at 02:45:56 PM »
I ordered 1 year later, Sept 2022 and the paperwork clearly states 5 year servicing, 3 year warranty and 3 year roadside assistance.
No mention or offer of the additional Care Plan by either the supplying dealer or Honda was made to me.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 02:38:48 PM »
An awful lot of umming on this thread and not a lot of buying going on. I've given the Joying a shot.
I’m sure you will be pleased with it, if you have any questions before or during the installation don’t hesitate to ask.

Don’t forget to order the GPS antenna adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by jazzyb88 on Today at 02:36:44 PM »
An awful lot of umming on this thread and not a lot of buying going on. I've given the Joying a shot.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Don21 on Today at 01:09:30 PM »
Something to note. If you get the latest version there is a change in the settings with the Road Departure Mitigation System. The options used to be, Narrow,  Normal, Wide and Warning Only. Road Departure Mitigation is a system that if you stray out of lane either left or right without indicating  etc the car will warn you and correct with steering input pulling the car back into lane. If the settings are set to Warning Only the car warns the driver but no steering input. The latest Jazz only has options,  Early, Normal or Delayed but no option for Warning Only. This means the option of Warning Only is not available. I have contacted Honda who have confirmed that the Warning Only option is not an option on the latest Jazz. I am very unimpressed and considerthistobeasafetyissue. One reason for not being happy is I had an incident last week. Driving on a " Normal " type of road a van veered onto my side of the road so I steered left to avoid contacted. As I did this the car tried to steer/pull back to the right. I avoided a collision but it was close. So anyone with the Latest version of the Jazz beware.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 12:58:48 PM »
when I ordered my EX in September 2021 I got the Honda 5 year Care package  included free as part of the Honda finance deal  available at the time  . Like many I was lucky enough to find out in time that by taking out the minimum loan of £5000 and paying it off after 6 months I still qualified for the free package  (costing IIRC £799 if bought separately) for only about £100 or so in interest payments.

I too got the letter shown on John Ratseys posting clearly stating I had 5 year service plan  ,5 years warranty  (consisting of 3 years standard plus 2 year Honda extended guarantee ) and 5 years hondacare assistance.
I also received Terms and conditions  Part 1, service plan,Part 2, Honda Extended guarantee exclusions and Honda care assistance

Although these terms and conditions mention the £399 cost of an extended guarantee my Vehicle Order form included as ' retailer options'  Honda Service plan  £0.00   and Care package upgrade £0.00

I think Honda Finance may have closed the 'minimum finance' loop hole  some time later. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by WelshBeauty on Today at 11:49:19 AM »
Got the email today from LV, telling me they will not be insuring me in 2024.
Who do I go with now? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks all.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 11:25:43 AM »
Buy Japanese pre 2005 most models you'll be pleasantly surprised that are equipped to be repaired mostly no parts required.
Avoid expensive when new as their spares are limited and remain costly.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by coravel on Today at 11:11:42 AM »
...you have that nagging doubt when you go out to the car that it might happen.

Wasn't it Seneca who said: "We suffer more in imagination than in reality.”?

Meaning, we spend so much time worried about how bad things are going to be, that we actually torture ourselves more than the thing we’re worried about ever could (that is, if it happens at all).

I just enjoy driving the Jazz. If something goes wrong, it's early enough to worry, right?

Thanks for the quote Jazznik.  Very wise words for certain.   :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything