Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on June 14, 2024, 12:56:47 PM »
My concern is we donít actually know the mode of failure of the brake simulator. Can its failure cause the braking to be affected in normal use and prevent a normal braking  stoo ? Or does the car electronics get the instruction not to allow the brakes to be used on the next journey -hence the warning lights ? Perhaps honda have demonstrated to DVLA it cannot fail to cause a disrupted brake pedal when the car is in motion ? If they have then honda should issue a statement to owners saying the failure of the simulator module wont cause instant brake failure during normal driving and braking . It does make a big difference in my view knowing that to be the case if it is !
Read the article once again...
Why do I get the feeling that there are people here who like doom-mongering..?

I suppose the point of a forum like this is to raise concerns. We could all talk happily about how wonderful the Jazz is, and in a lot of respects it is. I have found the drive, ease, smoothness and economy truly wonderful.. but it would be a dull forum if we all discussed only the good bits.

Without this excellent forum, I would still be oblivious, to the grinding noise, prior to its probable demise, of my near side door mirror. I may have thought thatís normal. So, off I trundle to my local dealership, who agree it needs changing. A fortnight later, itís sorted.

All we need now, is a stimulator for the simulator!

Great car.

« Last post by Tox Laximus on June 14, 2024, 11:13:05 AM »
I have just received my reply from the DVSA after their investigation into the Honda brake simulator failure that I submitted about two months ago. As several of us had realised it might not qualify for a recall due to the fact that there were warning lights but we still felt that there was a safety issue. However, DVSA have said that a recall is not required due to these warning lights showing the car should not be driven. Again, as some of us suggested there may be a case to contact Trading Standards since we might argue that such a part should not fail after such a short time or low mileage. They say that they will continue to monitor the situation and use the evidence that has been sent in, if required, in the future.

So no recall here in the UK currently.

I suggest that recalls in China and Japan are due to different interpretations of what is a safety issue or perhaps there were no warning lights fitted to cars in those countries Ė I donít really know.  My feeling is still that there should be a recall to retain Hondaís reputation despite DVSAís rules Ė these can be read on the DVSA site.

Overall though, I am pleased that Honda have eventually dealt with me satisfactorily and have covered all costs despite being out of the 3 year warranty. Anyone with the same problem needs to be persistent in following up their concerns with Honda UK and not just their Dealer.

If you have just come to this Forum with the issue it may be worth trawling through ( although it is rather long) and see how some of us have managed to get recompense.

The current government are not happy with plebs having consumer rights or even human rights, you'll might be better off waiting for a Labour government, you remember when Labour were last in government, more robust consumer rights with an effective citizens advice bureau, ambulances came, you could easily see a GP or dentist, there were no food banks, people could afford mortgages, food, gas, electric, petrol..etc.

EDIT: And you could drink the water and even swim in it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lets be positive about the Jazz
« Last post by davejazz on June 14, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »
It's quite a bit different to drive as the suspension's a bit firmer and it has lower profile tyres but it's really nippy and agile. Probably not to everyone's taste as at low speeds you do feel the bumps in the road a bit more but I love it.

Donít worry about the bumps or potholes in the road.

Keir has promised to sort that!
Xlogo. You may have missed an amendment to my post.
« Last post by Cobb2 on June 14, 2024, 10:43:17 AM »
I have just received my reply from the DVSA after their investigation into the Honda brake simulator failure that I submitted about two months ago. As several of us had realised it might not qualify for a recall due to the fact that there were warning lights but we still felt that there was a safety issue. However, DVSA have said that a recall is not required due to these warning lights showing the car should not be driven. Again, as some of us suggested there may be a case to contact Trading Standards since we might argue that such a part should not fail after such a short time or low mileage. They say that they will continue to monitor the situation and use the evidence that has been sent in, if required, in the future.

So no recall here in the UK currently.

I suggest that recalls in China and Japan are due to different interpretations of what is a safety issue or perhaps there were no warning lights fitted to cars in those countries Ė I donít really know.  My feeling is still that there should be a recall to retain Hondaís reputation despite DVSAís rules Ė these can be read on the DVSA site.

Overall though, I am pleased that Honda have eventually dealt with me satisfactorily and have covered all costs despite being out of the 3 year warranty. Anyone with the same problem needs to be persistent in following up their concerns with Honda UK and not just their Dealer.

If you have just come to this Forum with the issue it may be worth trawling through ( although it is rather long) and see how some of us have managed to get recompense.
I'm not a car electrics expert  (especially on modern cars)  but one possibility is  the live feed to the mirror indicators   is able to short circuit  to earth/ground when the mirrors are folded out.Maybe a bare wire moves as the mirror moves,. Electricity tends to take the path of least resistance and will follow the short circuit  rather  than pass through the bulbs..  If both mirrors share a single live feed a  fault in one mirror might affect both sides.

Is there any change in the brightness of the main indicators or their blinking speed with mirrors in or out?

But this is just one possibility. There may be  other reasons.

« Last post by Lord Voltermore on June 14, 2024, 09:59:32 AM »
The jazz is the best car I have owned.  The auto gearbox system is a delight, especially in stop start traffic. . Smooth and seamless .  Reviews report that  some hybrid alternatives  have some delay and jerkiness as their  autobox changes through its gears and transition between  EV and ICE. At least compared to the CVT systems used by Honda and Toyota. 

The Jazz is an ideal size for me.  Very roomy for its  class with excellent visibility.(unlike the Yaris which I  found too small ). But now  quite expensive for its size category . Some similar priced alternatives are now a step up in size category.  But i dont want a bigger car than I need just because of its price.  Unless there were no suitable  alternative, or a compelling eco friendly advantage. 
« Last post by Karoq on June 14, 2024, 09:53:43 AM »
I loved my last CR-V (i've had 5 going right back to the first edition) e:HEV.
Assuming the one you borrowed was an e:HEV you must drive in divers boots ;D I was getting 47mpg out of mine on a regular basis. You must also have a tiny garage! :o It fitted in my single garage built in 1970 when the cars were tiny.
If I wasn't sold on pure electric, I'd go back to a CR-V like a shot.
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on June 14, 2024, 09:52:21 AM »
When I had the Crosstar it was the best car I've owned, until I got the Jazz Sport which is now my favourite. It's quite a bit different to drive as the suspension's a bit firmer and it has lower profile tyres but it's really nippy and agile. Probably not to everyone's taste as at low speeds you do feel the bumps in the road a bit more but I love it. The seats are really comfortable on long journeys and I like the smaller steering wheel.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything