Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 12:40:07 PM »
Last couple of times I refuelled I forgot to record my mileage so couldn't update spritmonitor. I do such a small mileage I've decided to stop updating this - it's a bit of a faff and my tiny annual mileage makes it less important in a way.

What I can tell you is that, over 4600 miles, the computer is 3.6 mpg optimistic. Trip B shows an overall mpg of 59 exactly and the brim to brim figure is 55.4 over that distance.

It's more accurate, slightly, than my MK3 was although there is not much in it. I'm content to just knock 4 mpg off the car's calculation to give me, as near as makes no difference, a reliable mpg figure.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:41:38 AM »
Thinking outside the box.  You could buy a new set of 4 after market alloys for not much more than £460 or 4 used Honda originals of a different design. 

Then get some of your money back selling the 3 Honda originals individually  on ebay. 

Or ,depending on how long you intend keeping the car, whether tyres need replacing, do you have storage space etc   maybe buy  a set of after market alloys  and decent tyres  (all seasons?   ;))    Then when the car is sold  refit the original wheels   and retain the other set  to sell or fit to your next car.  Carefully planned it might save you from buying new tyres that mainly benefit the next owner. 
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by Toptek on Today at 11:20:39 AM »
It might be best to test the voltage of the main battery in the morning, before it recharges somewhat on the trip to the dealer. I think that battery performance is a bit like a cliff edge, seemingly OK then it's a steep drop off.
When I looked at our history documents, I found out the battery was nine years old and mostly driven very short distances.
It's hindsight, but if I knew of I would have fitted a trickle charger like I have done now. There's a quick disconnect  SAE cable on the battery for ease and I charge the battery every now and again.
New Members / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by Haz on Today at 10:36:42 AM »
There is also a tinny noise when accelerating. MAF was checked and EGR was cleaned and checked. Apparently no issues.
What I find hard to come to terms with is, how does none of the mechanics Iíve been to, do not know what the problem is!!! Itís so frustrating! Driving this morning was doing the same thing again! But settled slightly, no doubt Iíll drive home and it will do the same again. All Iím being told is to keep revs up 🫣 I appreciate all your replies so much
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / key battery
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 10:32:03 AM »
Finally after 2.5 years of neglect my key battery needed replacing.   Sods law  the large orange warning light first came on while my wife was using the car, which caused her some anxiety  .

I changed the battery myself.  Removing the emergency key was easy,  But the point of this  post is  that the next stage was more difficult than I expected.    You have to prise the two halves  of the key apart by twisting a coin in a gap between two blocks  of plastic.   This needed quite a bit of force to be used, and I began to question if I was doing it right and feared I might  break something.    Eventually I succeeded.  Once open the battery is easy to replace and the key is easy to snap shut again. 

The manual recommends wrapping the coin in cloth to protect the key. I didnt bother with this, and there was no damage.  I dont think wrapping it  would have made it any easier.      It also warns to be careful the buttons dont drop out  :o    From what I could see this didnt seem likely.

I carried a spare  Cr2032 battery in the car  with the idea that I could change the battery if necessary while away from home.  But I dont think I would have had the confidence to use that much force  on the key while away from the security of being at home with a spare key to hand.  And my wife certainly wouldnt. But having done it once it will no longer be a problem.

I'd recommend  not leaving it to the last minute, although I suppose you could get the dealer to do it.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New wheel
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 10:09:08 AM »
Hi,
Local dealer said the wheel can be purchased from honda and has them in stock, £460, I laughed
An oddity. There is a junction I regularly use, a traffic lighted crossroads at a busy junction. This particular route for me involves a right turn, generally using a filtered light at some point. If I get to the lights at the front of the queue and am at the red, the front sensors go barmy! There is a pedestrian protection barrier to my right approx 3' from my side, nothing in front or to my left.. yet the sensor goes red and starts beeping.
Only at this junction do I experience it, no other.
Nicksey. I think your case may be because those traffic lights uses LED bulbs.  I think led's actually pulsate at a set frequency which the human brain interprets as a constant light,  but dashcams sometimes record them as flashing lights  because it interferes with their own sampling frequency.  I might be wrong but I vaguely recall this could also affect the signals sent out and received by parking sensors. Or if its not the led's maybe the traffic lights communicate with each other using wireless signals  . Parking sensors can sometimes be confused by signals from other cars. 

Hebden  .Have you checked the sensor is clean.  I get bug splats of various  colours and hues from white to black  . If its a close  match to your car colour it may not be obvious.
New Members / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 08:56:57 AM »
There are two key things to  do (and any competent garage would do them)
Clean EGR valve
Clean MAF/MAP sensor

Neither gives error codes but if dirty will give fuelling issues.

This is basic grade 1 mechanics: your garage are incompetent,

The above are easy to do so cheap.
Then at the mileage the valve clearances may have narrowed so check and adjust,   - can call hesitation at low speeds but no codes.  Takes  time so ££s

Check the PCV valve. Easy.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by GBH on Today at 08:40:11 AM »
The battery condition is a good call, but having paid £400 to a main dealer I would expect such things to have been checked. My son has a Volvo with stop/start and had recently had to pay for new batteries as the stop/start stopped working, however he needs to go on regular trips to keep the batteries topped up but at least he has a 12 month warranty on the batteries.

The two times I have had electrical problems have been where the cars have been fitted with aftermarket alarm systems that caused,seemingly, random problems from the alarm going off and waking the neighbours in the night to random non-starting at extremely inconvenient times.
An oddity. There is a junction I regularly use, a traffic lighted crossroads at a busy junction. This particular route for me involves a right turn, generally using a filtered light at some point. If I get to the lights at the front of the queue and am at the red, the front sensors go barmy! There is a pedestrian protection barrier to my right approx 3' from my side, nothing in front or to my left.. yet the sensor goes red and starts beeping.
Only at this junction do I experience it, no other.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything