Author Topic: Currently experiencing a problem - Site cannot be reached  (Read 6411 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Currently experiencing a problem - Site cannot be reached
« on: April 29, 2020, 08:58:22 AM »
Once again, I am repeatedly experiencing problems with "Site cannot be reached", "Site too slow to respond". This issue has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Not all the time but often enough to be annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
I wondered if it was due to the extra demand on Broadband due to the lockdown. It not only happens with my home broadband but also when I use my phone to try and access the site, when out and about.
No other web sites that I use have been affected.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Currently experiencing a problem - Site cannot be reached
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »
Once again, I am repeatedly experiencing problems with "Site cannot be reached", "Site too slow to respond". This issue has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Not all the time but often enough to be annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
I wondered if it was due to the extra demand on Broadband due to the lockdown. It not only happens with my home broadband but also when I use my phone to try and access the site, when out and about.

Yes I have only really noticed this more in last week though,  and as you found no other sites seem to be affected
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

FordPrefect8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:32:41 AM »

I've been having all sorts of issues lately, all of them range 400 (client side) but none of them back end (500 range) like yours. I just assumed increased demand on website.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 11:46:42 AM »
Spent the last three hours, on and off, trying to access the site from my laptop with no luck. However I managed to get in from my phone.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 11:48:29 AM »
Been down a lot this morning. Been quite unreliable these last few weeks.

Jocko, I don't think it matters what device you try from. I think the issue is with the hosting somehow.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
I've problems with the site for a few days now, it's difficult to get in but once you are in it's OK. A server problem perhaps?

Vic.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
Yes, I have had a problem on and off for a few days trying to gain access to this website.
Tried several time today, but only at around 15.45 hrs, was able to get on on-line.
Can only assume it's down to increased server demand, i guess due to a lot of members being at home with the current situation.
Stay safe and best regards to all.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 08:29:34 PM »
I'll look into it. It maybe down to a high level of traffic to another site on the same server (we use a shared hosting package).

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »
Hi

@richarda - you could be correct but I would be surprised any hosting company would allow it to continue and not have notification in place to find the culprit domain(s) and stop it. There is also numerous other automations which should kick in to reduce or stop this. eg resource monitoring etc...

I would check your hosting logs for errors (most hosting platforms are updated, including php versions and you could be having errors from depreciation of php commands which may say, be holding the database open or not perhaps not closing correctly)

Run a database check to make sure your database is correct and no balked tables exist. If there are, run repair and good idea to run optimise on database

If continues on outage site, report to hosting company- albeit they should be aware already if it is server wide affecting

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 11:49:57 AM »
It is pretty pointless trying to access the site these days. 80-90% of the time I get "Site cannot be reached". Even when you do get in, halfway through answering a post it goes off again.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »
It's certainly been a bit intermittant, but it seems to be back at the moment.

Overloaded by too many bored Jazz owners, I guess.

edit: Spoke too soon, blinked and it was gone again...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:04:10 PM by sparky Paul »

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 12:21:19 PM »
I've had a problem a few times but only early, say before 8 am, other times it seems OK.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »
I cane in this morning, typed a considerable thread, then when I tried to post it I was kicked out.
I'm sorry, but this site is sh*te at the moment, which is a great pity as there are such a great community and a great vibe. I hope Richard gets it sorted soon. If this is us until the end of Lockdown, I think I will have to spend my time elsewhere.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 04:51:30 PM »
I'm sorry. It may just be me but I spend more time being locked out of the site than I do answering posts.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 06:13:05 AM »
Ok at 6.11am  (insomnia rules)

So it is likely to be a traffic problem with the server...

All the idle people with nothing to do?  ;D

Tags: