Author Topic: Changes to MOT  (Read 3099 times)

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Changes to MOT
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »

Clubjazz members have been married a long time 63, 52, 44 and 35yrs. I salute you!  :D Some achievement. Imagine all the bank jobs/wages vans you could have done for the sentences!  ;D ;D ;D

52 for me and still going.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 09:59:29 PM »
59 years come next June.
However we have been separated for the past 2 years or so, as the wife is now resident in a Care home with Alzheimer’s, having first been diagnosed some 10 years ago. Currently I haven’t seen her since August, due to the pandemic. So we have to make do, with FaceTime calls and I’m not sure whether she always recognises me.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2021, 03:13:42 AM »
Being married for decades does seem appropriate under the MOT thread  :D
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »
Best way I've found to avoid divorce is to not marry in the first place  ;)
My wife and I were together for a spell before we married. I thought getting married was a sensible decision for legal reasons. That way, she gets a reduced portion of my pensions without any hassle.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »
My wife and I were together for a spell before we married. I thought getting married was a sensible decision for legal reasons.

I can understand that. Of course, there is now a secular alternative in the form of civil partnerships, and we have seriously considered going down that route for similar reasons.

If we lived in Scotland, I think we might have gone down the Humanist route some time ago - we have been together for over 27 years.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 10:19:10 AM »
I haven’t seen her since August, due to the pandemic. So we have to make do, with FaceTime calls and I’m not sure whether she always recognises me.

That's really sad, I hope this is over for you soon. I know from our own experience how important familiar human contact is for relatives with Alzheimer's. I can't help thinking that we should have prioritised a testing regime to enable safe, full contact visiting for those who really do need it.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
59 years come next June.
However we have been separated for the past 2 years or so, as the wife is now resident in a Care home with Alzheimer’s, having first been diagnosed some 10 years ago. Currently I haven’t seen her since August, due to the pandemic. So we have to make do, with FaceTime calls and I’m not sure whether she always recognises me.
So sorry to hear of your situation. Thoughts are with you.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »
My wife and I were together for a spell before we married. I thought getting married was a sensible decision for legal reasons.

I can understand that. Of course, there is now a secular alternative in the form of civil partnerships, and we have seriously considered going down that route for similar reasons.

If we lived in Scotland, I think we might have gone down the Humanist route some time ago - we have been together for over 27 years.

Same sex couples have been able to have a civil partnership since 2004, it was sad that a heterosexual couple could not, it took a long court battle by a determined couple until 2018 to get the same rights for a man and a woman who wanted a civil partnership.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45714032
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything