Author Topic: Changes to MOT  (Read 3098 times)

guest9236

Re: Changes to MOT
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »
I managed 35 years before separating and divorcing!

***** Controversy warning. *****

One thing I have found over many years is that the average man in the street is not the sharpest tool in the box. The average IQ for the UK is 100 (Normal is 90 - 109), so with all the clever people in the country, there must be many with low IQs to pull the average down so far. May I say, many of those have the loud exhausts, black windows, and blue headlights or certainly have sired those that do.

And LED headlights ????

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 02:38:45 PM »
We have been "MARRIED" 63 years  and still together, would not change anything. So far ??
We've only been married for 44 years but I always introduce her as my first wife.  Keeps her on her toes ;).

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 02:43:20 PM »
We've only been married for 44 years but I always introduce her as my first wife.  Keeps her on her toes ;).
;D Funny. I always introduce my wife as 'the current Mrs Westy' - I'm sure it was Wogan who used that line all the time.

@BIGFELLAH - Congratulations! So nice to hear of. Not many last 1/3rd of that these days.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
I had a manager who once told the tale of how on returning from his honeymoon he put money in an envelope and stuck it on the mantlepiece. He told his new wife that if ever she wanted to, there was her train fare home to her mother.
40 years later, they were still married, and the money was still there. My wife would have used it to buy cushions!

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 01:24:24 PM »
Introducing legislation like this should make it a much better country to live in, well done to all involved !!!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 04:43:43 PM »
Being controversial, that's often the problem these days, there is no dad at home.
There has to be something in that. The nuclear family that stays together is not always the norm. My lad, 16, tells me most of the kids in his class have parents that have divorced or seperarated.

Mrs Westy and me are bucking the trend, 25yrs together later this year!  ;D Rare these days.

25 years ? Pfft.

Reverse the numbers   for us.

guest9236

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2021, 01:12:55 PM »
;D Funny. I always introduce my wife as 'the current Mrs Westy' - I'm sure it was Wogan who used that line all the time.

@BIGFELLAH - Congratulations! So nice to hear of. Not many last 1/3rd of that these days.

Thank you Westy36
 We met whilst Conveying  Suez CAS EVACS from  RAF Wroughton in K2 army ambulances (as seen in ICE COLD IN ALEX film)   I was In the RAMC Op Theatre mostly and My Wife to Be was in The QARANC the girls in the Red Capes And White Caps etc, those were the Days. I was then transferred to attachment to a section of Porton Down, I Had my Hotchkis Car so we could still meet up then which helped with the attraction I am sure,  So we are still together with lots of memories some sad and some good mostly good though.
But time passes so quickly I wonder where it all disappeared too.
Any way Keep Safe one and all, Some day we will be able to meet our nearest and dearest without breaking the law.????

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 03:28:23 PM »
Thank you Westy36
 We met whilst Conveying  Suez CAS EVACS from  RAF Wroughton in K2 army ambulances (as seen in ICE COLD IN ALEX film)   I was In the RAMC Op Theatre mostly and My Wife to Be was in The QARANC the girls in the Red Capes And White Caps etc, those were the Days. I was then transferred to attachment to a section of Porton Down, I Had my Hotchkis Car so we could still meet up then which helped with the attraction I am sure,  So we are still together with lots of memories some sad and some good mostly good though.
But time passes so quickly I wonder where it all disappeared too.
Any way Keep Safe one and all, Some day we will be able to meet our nearest and dearest without breaking the law.????
That's an interesting tale of how you met, in such testing time as well. Different generation.  :) Ice Cold In Alex with Katy the lorry is cool film, not seen it in years.

Clubjazz members have been married a long time 63, 52, 44 and 35yrs. I salute you!  :D Some achievement. Imagine all the bank jobs/wages vans you could have done for the sentences!  ;D ;D ;D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:05 AM »
Here's a nice gift
:D I'd probably get away with that!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »
Clubjazz members have been married a long time 63, 52, 44 and 35yrs. I salute you!  :D Some achievement. Imagine all the bank jobs/wages vans you could have done for the sentences!  ;D ;D ;D

Most people of my age group didn't get married until their 30s. I didn't attend my first wedding as an adult until I was 32. Interestingly, most of the Polish and Latvians I know got married in their early to mid 20s.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
I was married at 21. Divorced at 56. Married again at 59.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 12:38:12 PM »
I was married at 21. Divorced at 56. Married again at 59.
Most folk that marry young don't last the course. You did really well at 35yrs.  :D

Out of all the people we know that got together when Mrs Westy and me did in '96, none of them are still together! Be half of my life this year, and the best thing I ever did.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 12:46:42 PM »
I have no regrets about my first marriage. We had good times and two great kids. Just as we aged, our outlook on life changed.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 03:54:57 PM »
Best way I've found to avoid divorce is to not marry in the first place  ;)

Tags:

anything