Author Topic: Yokohama Bluearth 4S all-weather tyres.  (Read 4767 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Yokohama Bluearth 4S all-weather tyres.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 10:19:57 AM »
We used to live in Glossop in the High Peak and it gets snow every winter without fail. Here, in Warrington, snow is a rarity even in this colder than normal winter. Add that to low mileage and my need for winter tyres is not that great. All weather tyres are something else. I would definitely consider these when the time comes.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 10:26:25 AM »
I will never be without all-weather tyres again. Maybe not the Yokohamas but certainly some brand of all-season tyres.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »
I will never be without all-weather tyres again. Maybe not the Yokohamas but certainly some brand of all-season tyres.

Seconded.
(Michelin Cross Climates)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 04:09:55 PM »

Seconded.
(Michelin Cross Climates)

Thirded (?).
(Nokian Weatherproof)

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2021, 01:56:42 PM »
I have now put 3,300 miles of wear on these tyres, and the mpg is on its way back up. On Saturday, it was mild and dry and on my trip over to the south of Edinburgh, and back my ScanGauge showed an mpg figure back nearer what I was experiencing with summer tyres in summer weather.
Today I filled up the tank, and the calculated figure was 49.7 mpg. Now, considering the snow, ice and poor conditions I have experienced during this tankful, I am really quite pleased with this figure. My first top-up after 2018's Beast from the East was 50.0 mpg, so this is comparable. I am interested to see what the All-Season tyres, now they are worn in, return in the spring and summer.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2021, 02:34:21 PM »
I have now put 3,300 miles of wear on these tyres, and the mpg is on its way back up. On Saturday, it was mild and dry and on my trip over to the south of Edinburgh, and back my ScanGauge showed an mpg figure back nearer what I was experiencing with summer tyres in summer weather.
Today I filled up the tank, and the calculated figure was 49.7 mpg. Now, considering the snow, ice and poor conditions I have experienced during this tankful, I am really quite pleased with this figure. My first top-up after 2018's Beast from the East was 50.0 mpg, so this is comparable. I am interested to see what the All-Season tyres, now they are worn in, return in the spring and summer.

Yes, keep us posted. Definitely good to have all Seasons.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2021, 11:09:52 AM »
I am interested to see what the All-Season tyres, now they are worn in, return in the spring and summer.
Having watched a recent vid demonstrating that you are not shy of cornering speeds, it will be interesting to note any difference in warm weather handling. You've had the motor for nearly 5yrs, so have a reference point to summer tyres performance.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2021, 08:17:22 PM »
I look forward to testing the handling in the warm, and I will certainly report back. I had the enjoyment of my favourite loop in light rain today.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »
Having covered roughly 7k miles in our Jazz, I am still surprised how well the little car hangs on in a corner. It's no racing machine, but handles more than well enough for a supermini in my opinion. You can have fun in any car if you want to!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2021, 07:05:11 AM »
I have never pushed it far enough that it tried to bite back. Even on "The Loop", it is controlled and gradual when it starts to reach the limit. On the "Experience days" I have had at Knockhill, I always found the cars give plenty of warning before letting go. Well, not all of them. I had a Sierra Saphire rally car perform a 360° pirouette, but once it was facing in the right direction, it was just a case of flooring it, and away it went, much to the instructor's alarm.

I'd love to take the Jazz to a Track Day, but there is always the risk of binning it, and when it is your daily transport, that is not a risk SWMBO would let me take.

Tags: