Author Topic: Thoughts on turning 70.  (Read 1272 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Thoughts on turning 70.
« on: July 03, 2018, 07:09:29 AM »
Woke up this morning as a 70 year old and I must say, apart from the stiff knees, I feel no different from how I did at 40. I still have the same outlook on life, the same sense of humour, the same love of loud music, the same fancy for the ladies, and the same sense of fun.
I enjoy my video games, driving, playing guitar, drinking, nice food, and getting out and about. The benefit is, now I am retired, I have more time to enjoy all these pastimes.
I remember, back in the very early 70’s, when the DVLA took over the issuing of driving licences, I received my first driving licence that expired on 03/07/2018 (prior to then the local administration issued 3 year licences – the little red book). When I saw that expiry date it was just that. A meaningless date, so far into the future it was of no significance. It is not such a meaningless date now!
Just the free TV licence at 75 to look forward to now.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Thoughts on turning 70.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »
Happy Birthday ;D

I'll be joining you in October.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »
Ditto, Happy Birthday Jocko.

While you have reasonable health or better, get out and enjoy life. There are plenty of people that don't have that privilege - someone who has been the hardest working person I know, found out weeks ago that he was riddled with cancer at 63, and is currently resisting attempts to place him in a hospice. I know another woman in her 40s who has an inoperable brain tumour.

When someone asks me if I've had a good day, I say every day above ground is a good day.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
Happy Birthday Jocko.  :D

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »
Have good one Jocko ,you'll catch me up in ten years time. Like you I still enjoy life ,it's a bit slower that's all.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
Happy birthday Jocko, no matter how old your body gets your brain seems to get no older than 25 (for men anyway).  I hope our constant differences of opinion on Electric and Autonomous vehicles is helping keep your brain in shape LOL.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »
I hope our constant differences of opinion on Electric and Autonomous vehicles is helping keep your brain in shape LOL.
I always look forward to reading (and disagreeing  :D with)your posts.

Tags:

anything