Author Topic: Honda Jazz Hybrid Radio code with Navigation system  (Read 2667 times)

Camel

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid
Honda Jazz Hybrid Radio code with Navigation system
« on: July 31, 2020, 05:07:01 PM »
I have looked but don't seem to be able to figure out how to get my radio working again after a flat battery. The instructions all talk about pressing radio keys 1 and 6 but I have an electronic interface. My Jazz hybrid is a '62 reg with a navigation system. Could someone please point me in the direction of easy to follow instructions to retrieve my radio code....please. Thank you.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Honda Jazz Hybrid Radio code with Navigation system
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
I would suggest contacting the original dealer who would know what the code is (assuming you don't have the code card in the folder with the service book and owners manual).
If a previous owner has personalised the code there is no chance of resetting it (thats the situation I had).
There is someone on here that knows how to find the original code, but again if someone has changed it from the original code, theres the problem.
I believe the factory default setting is 0000

Camel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »
Hi Ozzie

Thank you for replying.

I bought the car second hand from a dealer who said that the previous owner changed the code, but did not supply it. What are my options now? Did you manage to get yours back up and running?
Thanks
Camel

Ozzie

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »
I bought my car from a main dealer, the head unit wouldn't turn on, so the unit was sent back to Honda, who couldn't reset it, so they supplied a new head unit and fitted it free of charge. The sales guy said they are about £1500 to replace.
Maybe try ebay/gumtree?
This is similar to mine, but no mention of do they have the code??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Jazz-2010-2013-Cd-Player-Screen-08A40-2S6-4000-01/153879978472?hash=item23d3f621e8:g:YcwAAOSwS3def1YM
Good luck
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:16:33 PM by Ozzie »

Camel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
Hi Ozzie
Thanks for your help so far - The link you posted is for the same model as mine - I was wondering - is there an easy way to get it's serial number from my car - as i mentioned the card was not supplied when I bought it, all I have is something that says "serial number CLABCV" which  doesn't look right to me.  Should I take it to a dealer to remove the radio/nav system/cd system to get the serial number?
If I can get the serial number I can hopefully use https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ to get the code to get it working again - no?
Thanks again.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »
I think it may at least be worth a phone call to the Service Manager at the local Honda dealer to see if thats a good road to go down.
Good luck.

Tags:

anything